Letter to all of you who partnered with us.
The love of the Father and the joy of Jesus Christ be upon you.
Before anything else, we would like to thank you for all the prayers and financial support you extended us to make our trip to Thailand both rewarding, encouraging and challenging. Being in Thailand for five days, the Lord has reminded us of our call, some 20 plus years ago, to focus our ministry in Asia. Attending this conference re-affirmed and renewed our call and commitment.
The conference was about what God is doing in and through His churches in the Access Restricted Nations of Asia. The host organization was Ethnos Asia. It was a time of reporting, fellowship and rekindling connections among different churches and organizations both of leaders and supporters. There were more than 200 people who attended the conference and twenty nine (29) nations were represented in all. This gathering of leaders moving in the grass roots and also supporters coming from different denominations and business groups have been going on for the past twenty years.
Summing up, there are at least six things highlighted in the reports of church leaders from different countries:
- Because the harvest has increased by 80% thus the need to strengthen the new believers through discipleship and other trainings.
- The network of the different churches are increasing even beyond their own borders which has contributed to more partnerships being forged.
- There is a need for workers and fresh programs in order to address the growing concerns of child slavery and children displacement due to some border conflicts.
- Good strategic entrepreneurships are needed in order to address the financial needs of growing ministries.
- To strengthen the prayer coverings in different countries by encouraging the different churches to come together for much prayer and if possible to put up prayer bases in their areas.
- There is an ongoing powerful move of God among the Buddhist and Hindu block. Many are coming to the Lord in the hundreds. Churches need more workers.
Indeed, the conference has re-affirmed and renewed our call and commitment to Asia.
We are praying and looking forward to get more involved in the Indo-China area. We pray that along with Messiah’s Vision as our partner organization in the US, our missions endeavor will be on a regular basis, starting on the second half of this year. Our involvement would be along these lines;
- As equippers. Since our church is using the same discipleship material as the one being used in the field we have expressed openness to make ourselves available as trainors. Also, since there is a need to address the lack of music/worship equipping in the churches, we have also expressed willingness to do ministry by educating and sharing experiences and technical skills in the churches.
- As partners with Ethnos Asia with one of their ministry at Khon Kaen, Thailand. It’s a ministry in serving the tribal people of different countries through biblical studies and personal developments.
- As covert bible couriers in some difficult nations that prohibits printing bibles within their borders
- As organizers to do intercessory and worship journeys within nations. First in schedule is from one end of Thailand to the other (east to west), by February of 2018.
- As a conduit to bless the Children’s ministry in the whole of Indo-China
Meanwhile, back here in the Philippines we will continue to serve as mobilizers for missions by conducting regular mission conferences and awareness seminars, training churches and individuals about missions, and rallying the pastoral groups to include missions on their agenda through joint programs and vision / exposure trips in Indo-China and other sub-continents.
With these developments and opportunities we highly appreciate your prayers for the strengthening, sustaining and wise coordination of these ministry opportunities. As to financial assistance, we do pray that the Lord will continually move and prepare your hearts to partner with us regularly. It is our prayer that our ardent desire to follow Him and your generosity, will overflow to the nations and its people as they become our inheritance.
Again, we would like to thank you for all the prayers and financial support you have extended us. Also please take note that due to the sensitivity of the meetings, we can only send you some pictures. Do not post them also in any of your social media account so as not to compromise people and programs.
The Lord’s favor is upon you!!
Tim and Noemi Salegumba
Wealth of the Nations for Jesus