1. Drain the artichokes (if they’re stored in extra-virgin olive oil then reserve the oil) and the capers.
NOTE: if your capers are salted then rinse them well and leave in a bowl of water for 10 mins before draining. We don't want too salty a dip.
2. Add the garlic, pistachios, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to a small food processor. Blend until well chopped.
3. Add the artichokes, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a tbsp of water. Blend again until a rough paste has formed.
4. Whilst blending, slowly add in the extra-virgin olive oil. Adding it slowly will help everything to emulsify and form a wonderful dip.
5. Check the seasoning for salt and acidity, adding any more if needed. Finally, finely chop the basil. Mix through. Serve up.