3. Book of the Month - Best Hikes and Nature Walks with Kids in and Around Southwestern B.C.
B.C. Best-selling author Stephen Hui is back with another great hiking guide book. The title says it all: Best Hikes and Nature Walks with Kids takes you through a curated list of all the best local trails suitable for kids ranging from toddlers to pre-teens.
The book covers 55 hikes from Whistler, the Sunshine Coast, northern Washington, to Manning Park, and everything in the middle.
There's bound to be plenty of family friendly gems in here you haven't come across.
"The best thing about hiking with kids is appreciating nature as a whole family. But hiking with kids can be challenging when little ones get tired, cold, or hungry. This book carefully chooses trails for kids of a variety of ages and skill levels, ranging in distance from 2km (great for toddlers) to 12km (for older or energetic kids). All are easy to get to so kids have more time to explore stops at suspension bridges, hollow trees, ghost towns, beaches, lakes, and vistas. Each route features a clear reference map and full-colour photos, plus:
- a description of trail highlights
- detailed directions to the trailhead
- a snapshot of the best season, difficulty, length, high point, and elevation gain
- a fun fact related to the plants, animals, or history of the trail"
Learn more about the book here.
We compile the books we feature every month in our Book Store.