Philadelphia City Hall @ 12 Noon
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia
We'd love you to march with us! Please fill out this this google form to join with 350NYCers and 350Brooklyners at the march. We'll be joining the 100% Renewables Contingent and have lots of beautiful signs and banners for you to carry. Find us by going to South Penn Square, and west of Broad Street. Look for our 350NYC/BK flags. (Map: We'll be in the 2nd Block - Blue). Make sure to wear suitable clothing, bring water, and sunscreen. It's going to be a warm one!
This coming Sunday, on the eve of the Democratic National Convention, thousands will be marching in Philadelphia to call for a Clean Energy Revolution. We hope you'll join us for this major event!
Phonebank & Sign-Making Party!
Tonight, Thursday, July 21st
147 Prince Street, 4th Floor, no. 7 Brooklyn, NY
Help us phone bank tonight at the Food & Water Watch offices in Brooklyn. Refreshments will be provided! If possible, please bring cell phone and laptop/iPad to phonebank.
To RSVP, contact Greta Zarro, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-715-1314.
Join the Facebook Event for more info.
Saturday, July 23
9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
1501 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Join the Summit for a Clean Energy Revolution on Saturday, July 23 (the day before the March for a Clean Energy Revolution).
The day will have a mix of educational workshops, organizing skills trainings, and strategy development sessions (see full agenda). Come prepared to acquire new skills and strategies to take back to your local campaigns and to meet people working on similar efforts in their communities across the country.
â€” Tickets are free, with an option to purchase lunch.
â€” 9:00 a.m. â€” Registration begins
â€” 9:30 a.m. â€” Conference begins
â€” 6:30 p.m. â€” Conference ends
Travel and Housing:
â€” Transportation â€” If you are planning to attend the summit and need transportation to Philadelphia, please email email@example.com (include your phone number, city and state) in order to learn more about hosting or joining a carpool.
â€” Housing â€” Limited housing is available at Drexel University for Friday and Saturday the weekend of the March. See the registration page for full details.
Get Tickets to the Summit Here
Here's what we're marching for:
- A ban on fracking and other unconventional extreme fossil fuel extraction methods,
- A halt to the rapid and reckless expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure, A ban on the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG), a halt to the approval of export facilities, and a continuation of the ban on crude oil exports,
- A stop to other dirty energy sources including incineration, nuclear power, and biomass,
- Environmental justice for all to end the disproportionate impacts on low-income communities and communities of color,
- Swift action to invest in solar, wind and other clean energy power sources and energy efficiency measures across the United States so that we can transition quickly to a 100% renewable energy economy,
- A just transition for workers who are employed by the fossil fuel industry, and policies to ensure that the new renewable energy economy provides living wage jobs and benefits communities across the country.
- Renewables and efficiency are the clean energy solutions we need to combat climate change and create millions of new jobs that will strengthen our economy. With the eyes of the world on Philadelphia, now is the time for us to come together as a united national movement.
Read 350NYC steering committee member Mark Dunlea's blog in support of the March for Clean Energy Revolution.
We hope to see you in Philly!
The 350NYC TEAM