Praying in One Accord
This may be your first (or your 40th) time seeing the TWP Monthly Prayer Guide. The Lord is reigniting a burden for prayer in our region and as we have been preparing to relaunch TWP in 2021, twelve (12) new churches have signed up to join us in our united prayer journey! Each month, a new and unique prayer guide is provided as a tool to help lead you through your prayer time in unity with other churches praying throughout the month.
The guide is intended to equip and encourage you to:
Psalm 46 – our 2021 Psalm
- Set aside time for undistracted prayer.
- Approach this as a thoughtful, Bible-guided labor of love. Take time to write down on paper any suggested things to observe, examples to discern, ways to praise, groups to support, etc., and having done so, pray specific, unhurried prayers for such as the Lord leads.
- Keep in mind our overall focus: to pray for the increased expression of the gospel message, in caring deeds and clearly spoken words, in every corner of life in the greater Rhode Island area, and for faith in Jesus and submission to His kingship to flourish in individual lives.
This Psalm will set the tone for our prayer “in trouble” (v.1). As you read through its 11 verses, write down statements about (a) who God is, (b) what God does and will do, and (c) what we should do. Now use these lists to declare in prayers of praise the worship of our God. (Pause)
Now, armed with assurance and peace, take a closer look at this unique time of trouble our world is in now. Your list of observations will be your prayer list for today.
Write down one or more examples of the kinds of troubles that are afflicting many around us in these ways, such as Financial (troubles), Governmental, Health, Ideological, Relational, Spiritual, and Physical (troubles).
Now, as Isaiah laid evidence for the troubles of His day before his God (2 Kings 19:14), take this list before God and intercede over them, praying, in each case:
United together in prayer
- For believers in yours and other churches who are suffering from them to bear a faithful witness of hope.
- For civic leaders who need to address and mitigate these troubles to seek God’s help and wisdom.
- For lost friends affected negatively by these troubles to be brought to humble repentance and faith in Jesus.
Our ongoing prayer is that God will transform us and use us to care for the lost and bear faithful, bold witness to them. Fortunately, we are not alone. Here are thirty-two churches now engaged with you in this ministry (those in bold having joined our team recently). Pray one by one for each of these churches (and for the eight others now considering joining us as well), including in these specific ways:
- For their people to have a new love for God.
- For their leaders to equip and mobilize these people for ministry in the world outside the church.
- For all their members to have courage and wisdom to begin thousands of conversations about Jesus with their neighbors, friends, family, and co-workers.
Bread of Life Worship Center, E. Providence
Central Baptist Church, Westerly
Chinese Christian Church of RI, Pawtucket
Christ Temple, Tiverton
Christian Hill Community Church, W. Warwick
Christian Life Church, Rehoboth
Church of the Apostles, Coventry
Community Baptist Church, Newport
Cranston Bible Chapel, Cranston
Cranston Christian Fellowship, Cranston
Crossroads International Church, S. Attleboro
Evangelical Friends Church, Newport
Faith Chapel, Cranston
Faith Fellowship, W. Greenwich
Godspeed Church, E. Providence
Grace Christian Fellowship, Woonsocket
Harvest Community Church, Woonsocket
Heritage Christian Fellowship, Warwick
Lakewood Baptist Church, Warwick
Living Hope Christian Church, No. Kingstown
Mt. Hope Community Baptist Church, Providence
New Destiny Christian Assembly, Seekonk
New Hope Christian Church, Swansea
NK Assembly of God, No. Kingstown
Norwood Baptist Church, Warwick
Perryville Bible Church, Wakefield
Providence Life Center, Providence
Riverpoint Advent Christian Church, W. Warwick
Salem Gospel Mission, Providence
Southpointe Christian Church, Warwick
Stony Lane Church, No. Kingstown
Warwick Christian Fellowship, Warwick