Beginning with a season of worship.
These April days include the weeks following Jesus’ glorious resurrection. This is a wonderful time to meditate on and worship God for the awesome results of His victory. Some of these benefits are listed here. Work your way through the New Testament and use them as the basis of your grateful reflections. Then, as you worship, include the very words of these scriptures in your prayers of praise.
Praying for spheres of societal influence
- Personal Protection. (Matthew 28:20)
- The Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:32–33)
- The Ability to Change. (Acts 5:31)
- A Living Savior. (Romans 6:9)
- No condemnation. (Romans 8:34)
- Forgiveness of Sin. (1 Corinthians 15:17)
- A Future Resurrection. (2 Corinthians 4:14)
- Salvation from wrath. (1 Thessalonians 1:10)
- A New birth. (1 Peter 1:3)
- Victory Over the Enemy. (Revelation 12:5,11)
Here are some specific suggestions for prayer in six of the nine important arenas where followers of Jesus are called to make a difference. In addition to these specific requests, pray that in all of these spheres, including those of Families, Public Safety/Military, and Racial Harmony, God will raise up growing networks of Christ-followers who will be salt and light and will bring the kingdom of God into each of these spheres.
Thousands of area students and teachers are returning to in-class learning this spring. For many of them that are believers, it will be a first opportunity to resume or initiate friendships that can be important bridges for the gospel. Make a list of some of those that you know and pray that each of them would have open eyes and loving courage to begin conversations about spiritual things.
RI’s new governor Dan McKee and his staff are facing the new challenges of continued Covid-19 response and relief. Pray that the weight of this burden causes them to seek God’s help and starts them on a spiritual journey towards Jesus.
Countless businesses are hoping to make it to the finish line of surviving economic losses, while others have been prospering. Either way, more and more workers will be ramping up daily contacts in offices and workplaces. Make a list of the employed people you know by name and ask God to empower them with new zeal for connecting with lost people and bearing witness to them of the hope we have in Jesus.
A year ago there were least 50 musical and theater related performing organizations in our area. Many of these have faced shut-downs and possible extinction in the past year. Among these groups of musicians and artists are Christ followers desiring to play, act, or sing along side many who need to come to God. Pray that they find ways to reveal the love of God to their friends.
Intensive vaccination programs have thrust hundreds, if not thousands of medical staff and volunteers into new work situations. Through this, those who know Jesus will have many opportunities to speak of their hope in Christ to work mates and clients alike. Ask God to make this a life-saving season for our Great Physician. If you know some personally, lift them up, asking God to use them in new ways where they work.
- Healthcare \ Social Service
Plans are already underway for the strategically important Ministers’ Prayer Summit November 9-11. Ask God to especially guide and empower those laboring to spread the word about this summit and to begin giving leaders a hunger to gather together in united prayer to seek God’s face and a new spiritual awakening in our region.
- The Church
Praying for the advance of the gospel
- Through your witness: Lift up before God the people in your own sphere of influence. Ask God to show you how to demonstrate to them Jesus’ love this month and give you eyes to see doors He opens to sharing words of life.
- In your community: Pray for other local church ministries in your town. Pray for their peace, the blessing of God on their work, and for God to add to their numbers and make them fruitful.
- Through the power of corporate prayer: Pray that more churches and prayer networks will join us in the coming months to plead with God for the awakening of His church and the advance of the gospel in our cities and towns through TOGETHER We Pray.