As some of you will already be aware the Sheep Genetics animals search pages allow you to login to access tools and genetic trends and results, you can also nominate a service provider if you use one. We would like to encourage all breeders to start visiting the Dashboard to access your reports and software updates, as we will be moving toward this being the only place of access .
As we move forward we will continue to add in further functionality to the Dashboard to ensure that breeders can stay up to date and manage their preferences from one easy place.
To access the dashboard you need to be on either the LAMBPLAN, MERINOSELECT or KIDPLAN animal search pages, and then login on the right hand side.
Once logged in, you can click on the Tools link that then appears under where you logged in. This will take you to the dashboard where you will find various options to assist with your breeding program.
- Login: will be your 6 digit breed and flock code e.g 169999
- Password: can be found in the subject line of reports emails, is case sensitive.
Bred Well Fed Well Workshops
The highly successful Bred Well Fed Well (BWFW) workshops are on again ahead of this yearâ€™s spring ram sales, to give producers additional knowledge, skills and tools to determine the traits they want to improve the productivity and profitability of their flocks.
The practical, one-day BWFW workshops are funded by Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) to help sheep producers combine genetics decision-making with ewe nutrition management to boost reproduction rates and productivity.
MLAâ€™s General Manager Livestock Productivity, Dr Jane Weatherley, is encouraging breeders using Australian Sheep Breeding Values (ASBVs) to volunteer to host an on-farm workshop.
For more information about hosting a workshop contact Bred Well Fed Well co-ordinator Serina Hancock at S.Hancock@murdoch.edu.au or phone 0403 570 823.
Regional Forums - RSVP Now
The 2016 Regional Forums well underway, these are a great way for breeders to keep up to date with what is happening in LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT and assist in understanding analysis changes that have been rolled out.
Regional forums are $33 per business to attend, and include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please email email@example.com to register your interest in attending (please advise any special dietary requirements e.g Gluten free)
- 09/06/16 - Launceston TAS
- 21/06/16 - Adelaide SA
- 23/06/16 - Mt Gambier SA
- 26/07/16 - Williams WA
- Welcome and overview
- Analysis upgrades
- Introduction to RAMping Up Genetic Gain
- Analysing Flock Performance - Impact of data quality and accuracy
- Analysing Flock Performance - Impact of generation length and selection efficiency
- Flock example and Discussion
Reminder - Please update to our new address and contact details
As previously advised last year we moved office space to accommodate the extra MLA staff that were now based out of Armidale. With that we obtained new address and phone numbers, please use these as the redirects on phone and post have now ended.
The Short Run, Building W41a
UNE ARMIDALE NSW 2351
Phone: 02 8055 1818
Fax: 02 8055 1850
Other events of interest
- 15-17 July 2016 - Australian Sheep and Wool Show Bendigo
- 1-2 August 2016 - SheepVention Hamilton
- 10-12 August 2016 - LambEx - Albury NSW. LambEx has officially launched and registrations are now open. For more information on LambEx please visit www.lambex.com.au we encourage everyone to pass this information along to their clients and let them know to get in quick. Early-bird registrations close June 10, 2016.
Upcoming Analysis Dates
Please note the following analysis dates for 2016, and ensure that data is submitted with at least one analysis before sales or field days. This allows time for any missing information to be included or corrections to be made.
All data needs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or could be missed for inclusion in the analysis.