Analysis Upgrades Webinar
Sheep Genetics aim to continually supply the best genetic evaluation possible to you and the Australian Sheep Industry. To maintain this quality an annual upgrade to the OVIS software that runs the analysis is made. These changes will be made on the 7th of May for MERINOSELECT and the 14th of May for LAMBPLAN. It is important to understand the enhancements made to the analysis and why you may see changes to the ASBVs of your animals at this time.
This year we are seeing a range of improvements to the analysis, including the addition of pregnancy scans, addition of new visual wool traits and the long awaited single step analysis for carcase traits. To discuss these in more detail Sheep Genetics will be holding a webinar on the analysis upgrades on Friday the 6th of May at 3.00pm AEST. It is highly recommended that you attend or watch the webinar on Sheep Genetics YouTube channel before the analysis is upgraded. If you are interested in attending the 2016 Analysis Upgrades webinar, please register by contacting email@example.com
The 2016 Regional Forums are nearly here, these are a great way for breeders to keep up to date with what is happening in LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT and assist in understanding analysis changes that have been rolled out.
Regional Forums - RSVP Now
- Welcome and overview
- Analysis upgrades
- Introduction to RAMping Up Genetic Gain
- Analysing Flock Performance - Impact of data quality and accuracy
- Analysing Flock Performance - Impact of generation length and selection efficiency
- Flock example and Discussion
Regional forums are $33 per business to attend, and include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in attending (please advise any special dietary requirements e.g Gluten free)
- 17/05/16 - Armidale NSW
- 19/05/16 - Young NSW
- 24/05/16 - Wodonga VIC
- 26/05/16 - Hamilton VIC
- 09/06/16 - Launceston TAS
- 21/06/16 - Adelaide SA
- 23/06/16 - Mt Gambier SA
- 26/07/16 - Williams WA
Other events of interest
- 10 & 11 May 2016- Genetic Service Provider Training - Melbourne VIC, if you are a Service Provider and have not had a chance to RSVP please email email@example.com as soon as you can to secure your place. Thank-you to those that have responded already.
- 10-12 August 2016 - LambEx - Albury NSW. LambEx has officially launched and registrations are now open. For more information on LambEx please visit www.lambex.com.au we encourage everyone to pass this information along to their clients and let them know to get in quick. Early-bird registrations close June 10, 2016.
Upcoming Analysis Dates
Please note the following analysis dates for 2016, and ensure that data is submitted with at least one analysis before sales or field days. This allows time for any missing information to be included or corrections to be made.
All data needs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or could be missed for inclusion in the analysis.