Hello, New Orleans
So we're doing this, this sort-0f-lockdown, for another month. OK.
A friend recently helped me identify a thing I was (am) struggling with as life is canceled and postponed. It's not just the fact of the cancelations and postponements. It's something a little bigger — and akin to the very human fear of the unknown. It's that we're losing things to look forward to.
So I'm trying to adjust my outlook on that. It might fill me with anxiety to try to look forward to my wedding this fall, but I can, very safely, look forward to:
- pretending to be Andy Dufresne in the rain this weekend;
- an enormous stalk on my bird of paradise plant unfurling, gloriously;
- the to-go margarita I intend to order tomorrow;
- listening to this Fiona Apple record 100000000 more times;
- being married, no matter what happens to the big party.
What are you looking forward to? Reply to this email and share it with us (it really does go to me and I really am a human person). If I get enough of the good stuff, I'll put a little something together.
— Ashley (@AshleyDean)