Know Your Status This World AIDS Day
(Santa Ana, CA) -- In commemoration of World AIDS Day on December 1st, the County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA) challenges community members to take the lead in reducing new HIV infections by knowing their status through getting tested.
The theme of this year’s campaign, “Know Your Status,” is focused on raising awareness of those most at risk and affected by HIV. More than 60 million people have been diagnosed with HIV worldwide and in Orange County, 13,020 people have been diagnosed with HIV since reporting began in 1981. World AIDS Day is a day to reflect and remember those who have lost their lives and those who are living with HIV. Help end the stigma of HIV by knowing your status and supporting those living with HIV.
Worlds AIDS Day Event:
HIV testing is available year-round at these locations:
- A candlelight vigil will be held in Laguna Beach on Saturday, December 1, 2018. A meet-and-greet begins at 4:30 p.m. with the vigil immediately following at the cobblestone area of Main Beach.
- Radiant Health Centers (formerly AIDS Services Foundation): Walk-ins Tuesday through Thursday from 12 to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, please call (949) 809-8771.
- APAIT Health Center: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call (714) 636-1349.
- County of Orange Health Care Agency: 17th Street Testing and Treatment is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Tuesday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with limited walk-ins. To schedule an appointment, please call (714) 834-8787.
- RADAR: Walk-ins Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; closed Sunday, Thursday, and Friday. For more information, please call (714) 868-5601.
- The LGBT Center OC: Walk-ins Tuesday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m.; Wednesday 2 to 6 p.m.; Thursday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, please call (714) 953-5428.
To learn more about World AIDS Day, visit: https://www.hiv.gov/events/awareness-days/world-aids-day.