Emerald Bay Trail Run
Race Date: Sunday, September 15
Pre Race Packet Pick Up: 1 PM - 3 PM at the Kings Beach State Recreation Area - Look for the Big Blue Adventure Tent, part of the Tahoe Big Blue Adventure Race event
Race Start: 9:00 AM
Location: Eagle Point Camp Ground, Emerald Bay State Park, CA
- Aid Stations - It's 4.6 miles from the final aid station to the finish. Please plan on bringing a water bottle or hydration pack if you feel you will need more aid before the finish
- The Emerald Bay Trail Run starts at Eagle Point Campground and then takes you around Emerald Bay and up the Rubicon Trail to D.L. Bliss State Park to finish at Lester Beach
- The course is approximately 7 miles point to point
- The race starts with a climb out of the campground then levels out on the trail and has some technical sections with low/moderate climbing.
- Keep your bib flat and visible on your chest for accurate timing and so you can look up your photos!
- Keep your bib tag attached to your bib. We tear this tag off for your post-race beer or soda at the end of the event
- To reduce crowding on the trail we have implemented wave starts
- Each start will be timed by your bib so you will have an accurate race time based on your wave start
- All waves will be self-seeding and will be about 60 people each
- 1st wave will be elite/fast runners
- 2nd wave will be the age group, competitive runners
- Waves 3-6 will be self-seeded in groups
- 7th wave will be walkers/hikers
RACE DETAILS & SCHEDULE
PARKING & SHUTTLE
- Pre-race Packet Pick-up
- 1 PM - 3 PM at the Kings Beach State Recreation Area - Look for the Big Blue Adventure Tent, part of the Tahoe Big Blue Adventure Race event
- We encourage you to pick up your race materials on Saturday so you are not rushed on race morning!
- Race Day packet pick up will take place at the race start location at the lower end of Eagle Point Campground
- Bag Drop We have bins for extra clothes for you at the start. If you want to place a few clothing items in a SMALL backpack/bag we will transport it to the finish for you to pick up. As space is limited, no large bags will be accepted. No valuables - Bag Drop Closes at 8:45 AM SHARP
- [CLICK HERE] to see the full Race Schedule
- [CLICK HERE] for the Course Map and HERE for a venue overview
- Awards Ceremony to follow the last finisher
- No dogs are allowed on the trail
- We encourage you to carpool!
- Parking is located at Eagle Point Campground (the starting area). Parking is for participants only. If you are being dropped off, the drop off is at the entrance to Eagle Point Campground. Do not drive in as this will cause traffic issues for our parking crew
- We will have parking staff on-site guiding you to parking spots. Please follow their direction. Absolutely no parking off of paved surfaces
- A shuttle service is provided after the event from D.L. Bliss State Park/Lester Beach (finish) to Eagle Point Campground (start). Shuttles start at approximately 10:30 AM and continue to 1:15 PM. Please note that we fill the shuttles first come first serve. You may also park at D.L. Bliss ($10) and make your own arrangements to make it to the start on time. Shuttles will drop you off at the entrance to Eagle Point Campground, you'll walk to your vehicle from here
- If you have to leave quickly after the finish, we recommend you make your own shuttle arrangements. The final shuttle departs Lester Beach (finish) at approximately 1:15 PM for the parking lot at Eagle Point
- D.L. Bliss State Park is the location of the finish and is parking here is $10 - Parking at D.L. Bliss and especially Lester Beach (finish line area) is limited and fills up quickly on a nice weather day in September. If you're planning to have friends or family park at the finish we highly suggest getting there early. Note that there is a parking lot at the Balancing Rock Trail Head. You can park here as well. This is approximately 1 mile from the finish area
- Once the final shuttle drops off at Eagle Point Campground the gates will be locked. You are required to have your vehicle out of Eagle Point Campground by 1:45 PM. Make sure your vehicle doesn't get locked in.