Ride Your Bike To The Canoe Club, safely
To be more environmentally friendly we are asking our members and participants to Ride your bike to the canoe club. To make it safely it would be better if it is inspected and repaired if necessary. Velo Fix will be offering tuneups at the club on Wednesday June 12 from 3 pm to 7 pm. They will be sharing $10 from every tuneup with the club! Click here to reserve your spot
Rideau Athletes Competed At Regattas Last Weekend
The 2019 ICF Canoe Sprint World Cup 2
in Duisburg, Germany wrapped up on Sunday. Rideau’s Maddy Schmidt
had a great result making it to the A-Final
in the 1000m K1
where she finished 8th competing against the world’s best. Maddy also had a 3rd place finish in the K1 500m C-Final. Natalie Davison
raced in the K2 500m and K4 500m events. In the K2 with Courtney Stott they finished 2nd in the B-Final. In the K4 Team Canada finished 5th.
Maddy, Natalie and the rest of Team Canada are coming home and will next see action at NTT #2 in Dartmouth later this month.
RCC paddlers raced hard and raced well in Welland at the Ontario Team Trials
. This was the first competition of the season for most of these athletes. Many will now start preparing for NTT #2 taking place June 21-23 in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
The parking lot lines will be painted on Friday night. The parking lot will be closed at 9 PM and reopened Saturday morning. New parking signs will be installed next week and the new rules will start to apply then. These are in a nutshell the new rules:
- From 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM parking will be allowed for everyone
- Daily Parking from 5:00 AM to 9:30 AM and from 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM will be by permit only
- There is No Parking on the Field
- From 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM the 5 parking spaces between the entrance to the field and the first handicap space are for Pick-Up and Drop-Off Only
- No parking on designated fire routes
- Violators may be ticketed