Version 18.104.22.168 - Ham Radio Premium Bundle
There is a new update ready for you!
This is a big milestone for us! I started doing interviews 18 months ago asking Amateur Radio operators what they wanted, and it's finally here! The Ham Radio Bundle follows our first premium layer last month: Earthquake. (And teaser alert: we're adding Volcanoes to that layer very soon!).
The Ham Radio Bundle is resource-heavy on our servers, so we're doing a SLOW roll out beginning today and hopefully 100% of our Atlas audience* will have it available by the end of the week under the "Premium" Tab.
– In the System tab, a few updates ago we added an on /off switch for “Unlimited Layer Downloads” to improve performance when multiple layers are used. Turning OFF “Unlimited Layer Downloads” will only download layers that are currently being used. This improves the device performance, but there may be a delay when new layers are added.
– Added Ham Radio Premium Bundle. Includes:
– Personal ADIF Calllog upload
– Solar Terrestrial Weather widgets
– Live DX Spotting
– Maidenhead Grid overlay
– Maximum Usable Frequency in topographic and heat map displays
– Custom Callsign on the display
– AMSAT Satellite tracking and footprint
– Bugfixes and optimization, especially for Atlas 1 devices.
– Improved update system stability for future updates.
– Modified image download system to improve settings stability.
For all the details of this update, here's our most recent changelog: Again, this is a slow rollout, and we hope to have this available to all Atlas-platform Geochrons within a week.
* for Atlas models only. Older versions cannot run the Ham Radio Bundle.