Version 188.8.131.52 - Commercial Aviation
There is a new update ready for you!
- Added an aviation layer that displays a sampling of currently flying airplanes around the world
- Categories are by continental ownership (North America, Africa, etc...)
- Up to 700 flights are shown at one time.
- Added slider to control auto-rotation between airlines, if desired.
- Improved error handling in the menu in case of crashes.
To receive this update, establish an internet connection and go to Menu > System > then select [Download System] update. The computer will download the update and reboot.
- The process may take up to 15 minutes if you have a slow internet connection.
- Please don't pull the plug during the update. Give it time.
- Some computers may need to run the update twice. If your Version number (under System) is not 184.108.40.206 after the first time, run it again.
We're grateful for get access to live commercial data from the folks at planefinder.net. To track individual flights, or to see ALL of them in your browser, check out planefinder.net!
Does this update apply to Version 1?
No. If you missed the opportunity to update to Version 2 in 2019, you can have us upgrade your Geochron to Version 2 here.
What's coming up next?
We're focusing on windows that show atmospheric conditions, like Aurora forecasts, HF/UHF, as well as DX Propagation.
For all the details of this update, here's our most recent changelog: