Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely is the best known quotation of the 19th century British politician Lord Acton. He borrowed the idea from several other writers who had previously expressed the same thought in different words. The historian and moralist, who was otherwise known simply as Lord Acton, expressed this opinion in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887:"
What we are witnessing today in the United States of America is the manifestation of this statement.
Thoughts At Large lives in New Mexico, having recently moved from California. Both of these states are run by the Democrat machine. California needs no explanation, because no explanation is possible. New Mexico has been run, with very little exception, by the Democrat machine for over 90 years.
The issue today is not the one party rule, the issue is the one person rule!
Thoughts At Large will use the two states most familiar to Thoughts At Large to make the point. But all one has to do is look to all the states run by Democrat governors and some RINO Republicans to see the proof of the statement "Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Both the governor of California and the governor of New Mexico are using the “Public Health Crisis” to impose one person rule. They refuse to accept any checks or balances. The legislators of both states do not have the necessary intestinal fortitude to stop them. Maybe, it is because they agree. After all, the governors are instituting by decree all of their Socialist dreams!
How these governors obtained this unchecked power, and whether it was done in a Constitutional manner is something that will be debated for a long time.
The problem is they have it
and they are using it
and no-one is stopping them.
- They are locking people in their homes and denying them liberty without due process!
- They are favoring those who have contributed to their campaign and support their agenda without any fear of reprisal!
- They are making arbitrary rules and changing those rules anytime they feel like it because they will not admit that they have no idea what they are doing, but they love the power to do it!
- They are letting criminals go free without considering the effect on the average citizen!
- Rioters and protestors need not wear a mask or required to practice “social distancing”, but people who are protesting their loss of liberty are uncaringly spreading the virus!
- They are picking winners and losers in business without regard for the losers! They have decided what businesses are necessary and what businesses are not.
- Abortion clinics must remain open, but no unnecessary surgery! Of course the governor decides what surgery is necessary!
- Gun stores must be shut down, even though crime is out of control and good luck having the police answer your 911 call!
- Grocery stores can remain open, but only certain grocery stores.
- All the major chains, which benefit major multi national corporations can remain open.
- The small independent grocery store must be shut down. Those least able financially to weather the storm created by the pandemic.
The list is endless!
What is their real agenda?
In order to answer this question, one has to look at the big picture or as the expression goes, the long game.
It is the desire of the socialists to eliminate the middle class and create two classes of citizens.
- “The Ruling Class”
That makes all decisions, reaps all the benefits and suffers no consequences from the results of their decisions. In medieval times they were called Royalty
- “The Serf or Peasant Class":
That is completely dependent on the “The Ruling Class” for their basic survival.
The goal of the governor of both California and New Mexico is to keep people unemployed until the end of July. This will allow the Democrats in Congress to keep the pressure on Republicans to extend the $600 a week unemployment until the end of January 2021. The Democrats are sure they will take the House and the Senate and the White House in the November election.
Then they can extend the $600 Federal Unemployment indefinitely, which by the way, works out to $15 an hour in a 40 hour work week, thereby, greatly increasing the number of citizens in the dependent class.
Think of the number of citizens already in the dependent class! Those on welfare, Medicaid, food stamps, school lunch programs, etc.
How many of us really want to live that way?
If we allow this travesty to continue, the answer to this question will become very important!
Do you prefer to be called a
“Serf” or “Peasant”?