Article Written by Joni Ames
What is true prophesy?
Here’s what The Word tells us:
1 Corinthians 14:24-25 (NKJV)
(24) But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
(25) And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.
It’s not so much telling someone the things one can pull up on Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., as it is to speak the things only that person and God knows.
Sadly, another person who was using social media for their “words” was found out recently. And so, “another one bites the dust.” Sad indeed.
Where’s the fear of the Lord with someone doing that? Discerning people pick up on it quickly. Eventually other people figure it out too. And most importantly, God knows all along.
Matthew 7:20-23 (NKJV) says:
(20) Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
(21) “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
(22) Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
(23) And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
I teach in my book that if you know something in the natural about somebody, say so. You can still give a true word. But be honest.
I tell people where I go not to bring me notes of what to pray for them about, do not give me a list of peoples names that are going to attend, and to tell their people to keep their conversations away from me so I don’t hear anything in the natural. If I can’t get anything from God for them, I’ll just pray a blessing over them.
I care more about what God thinks of me than to “wow” anybody. Crazy gimmicks won’t heal anybody or set them free. Sadly it may instead chase them from the church. Being responsible for that is a frightening thought.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, not lies, trickery, or gimmicks. The more we operate in the truth, the more He will operate in and through us.
Trust Him. And He will entrust His Truths to you.🙏🙏🙏
If you’re interested in sowing into Joni’s ministry today, these are available ways to do so:
Cash App: $joniames
3160 Hwy 21, Ste 103, Bx 303
Fort Mill, SC 29715
A prophetic school in a book:
The Definitive Guide to the Prophetic: (God’s Gift for You and the Church)
By Joni Ames
Order on Amazon
Order book or Kindle