1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Once boiling, add the cavolo nero and cook for 8-10 mins (until it's very soft / even overcooked). Carefully remove from the water using tongs (some water is needed for the sauce so don't worry about draining it too much) and transfer to a container suitable for use with a handheld/stick blender.
3. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and set a timer for one min less than the packet instructions for ‘al dente’.
4. Add the garlic, chilli (if using), olive oil, lemon juice, almonds, and pine nuts to the cavolo nero. Blend until completely smooth, adding some of the cooking water if needed. We’re aiming for a smooth sauce consistency.
Add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper and a pinch of sea salt. Check the seasoning to see whether any more salt or lemon juice is required.
5. Transfer the ‘pesto’ to a pan on a low heat ready for the pasta. When the timer goes off, use tongs to transfer the pasta to the pesto and stir through until completely coated. Use a little pasta cooking water to loosen the pesto if needed and, finally, drizzle over a little extra-virgin olive oil while vigorously tossing the pan to emulsify it into the sauce.
6. Divide between two plates. Scatter over the sun-dried tomatoes. Feast immediately.