This weekend we commemorated the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE)
Day. Give thanks for those who served and gave their life that we might live in a
free country. Give thanks for lasting peace in Europe to this day. Pray also for a
spiritual ‘Victory in Europe’ of people turning to God through Jesus Christ to find
the only true source of lasting peace.
Prayer from our Armed Services Chaplains:
• Please pray for service personnel supporting NHS: ambulance driving,
medical care, construction engineers, logistics teams, planners and
community testing teams;
• For service personnel on operations overseas in challenging contexts
amidst the pandemic with anxieties about loved ones in UK;
• Chaplains and welfare support bringing pastoral and material care to
dispersed and socially distanced Service Personnel.
NHS, Residential Care, Hospitals and Hospice Chaplains:
• Pray for those who work in all areas of the NHS and residential care for
safety, energy and wisdom for those having to make decisions at all levels;
• Please pray for our Hospital and Hospice Chaplains as they care for the
patients, staff and families for words of comfort and for protection.
• We give thanks that a request for a thought for the day from the Chaplain
has opened a channel of communication with the staff;
• Please pray for all hospice staff and volunteers whether still working in the
Hospice, working from home, stood down or furloughed;
• Please pray that the staff are clothed with compassion, kindness, and
patience despite their personal concerns;
• Also, for all family and friends of patients who have the added stress of not
being able to visit their loved ones as often as they would like.
• We continue to give thanks that there are no reported cases of Covid-19 in
the Solomon Islands;
• We pray for the relief efforts following the recent tropical cyclone and for
the church workers and volunteers delivering emergency supplies and
running Covid-19 awareness sessions;
• We pray that MMUK’s appeal will help to ease the suffering of the
thousands of people affected by the cyclone, some still without access to
safe water, food supplies or adequate shelter.
Our friends in Melanesia are also praying for us, and this from His Grace, the
Archbishop of Melanesia, Most Revd Leonard Dawea: “I continue to follow the
increasing number of Covid-19 cases in UK. I am praying that the vaccine will be ready
Democratic Republic of Congo
• Give thanks for the FM radio in Aru, broadcasting church services when they
• Give thanks that the Church is active and helping people to understand and
apply the preventative measures for Covid-19;
• Please pray that Covid-19 doesn't spread into the Aru and Boga Diocese
requiring a lock down;
• Pray for the local economy which is being badly affected by the travel
Liverpool Seafarers Centre
• Give thanks for the seafarers who work hard to supply 95% of goods to the
• Please pray for the large numbers of Indian and Filipino seafarers who are
unable to return home because of flight bans in and out of their home
• Please pray for the seafarers who are feeling anxious or depressed and for
the work of the Seafarers Centre to support them.
For our Diocese:
• Please pray for the clergy and readers as they produce material to sustain
those in their parishes and reach out to those who are ill and grieving;
• For our diocesan staff, Bishop’s Leadership Team and Church House Team
as they lead the diocese through this time.
• Give thanks for the parents and carers who are helping to support their
children’s learning whilst schools are closed;
• Pray for all school staff, whether working in school or from home, who are
supporting children and young people and providing innovative learning
opportunities for them;
• Pray that it will be safe for children and young people to return to school
Diocesan Outreach Team
• Please pray for people with dementia and other conditions that limit their
ability to understand or remember the restrictions related to lockdown and
• For those who cannot access the support that they usually receive
especially for carers who are unable to get respite care.
• Give thanks to God for the response of parishes in continuing to pay the
parish share as far as they are able.
Foxhill Diocesan Intercessors Team
• We give thanks for the dedication of the team as they intercede for the
current situation and for people in our diocese.
Transforming Lives Together
• Give thanks for the funding that is enabling TLT to work with churches in
the Ellesmere Port and Chester areas to provide cooked meals to previously
homeless people who have temporary accommodation with no cooking
• Please pray for wisdom and guidance as we continue to distribute funding
and to support churches with emergency food provision;
• We would like to be able to support churches with PPE but are finding it
difficult obtaining sufficient quantities. Please pray that we can source
As we await news on the situation with the current lockdown let us pray a
blessing on our homes, families and friends:
May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you wherever He may send you;
May He guide you through the wilderness, protect you through the storm;
May He bring you home rejoicing once again into our doors;
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
If you think of an area/ministry of our diocese for which it would be good to pray,
please let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, for joining us in prayer,
Jonathon and the Foxhill Team.