Heavenly Father, we welcome and give thanks for the announcement of Bishop Mark as the next Bishop of Chester; may your Spirit be upon him and may Bishop Mark know of our prayers as he prepares to move to our diocese. As we celebrate Christ as our Good Shepherd, may your blessing be upon Bishop Mark’s ministry as he prepares to lead us in our pilgrimage to serve you in proclaiming the gospel of salvation of God’s love to all. Amen.
Our link Dioceses:
Please pray for the religious orders, the Brothers and Sisters of Melanesia who are rebuilding their section houses in Vanuatu following the cyclone;
• For the aid agencies and international donors providing COVID-19 testing equipment and ventilators in the Solomon Islands;
• For the ongoing COVID-19 awareness training the Anglican Church of Melanesia is running in remote communities across the province.
Democratic Republic of Congo
• Continue to pray for Bishop Ande in Aru Diocese and Bishop William in Boga Diocese as they try to maintain worship and prayer across their communities;
• Pray for and give thanks for the help that churches are providing in applying the coronavirus control measures;
• Pray that the level of coronavirus infection occurring in the capital, Kinshasa is kept under control and does not spread out to the outlying provinces;
• We pray for all who have been displaced from their homes due to rebel activities in the south of the Ituri region many of whom are living in temporary camps;
• Pray for an end to this violence which has caused so much hardship for communities and is making matters worse for health care workers;
• Pray that communities continue to have access to food and clean water. Access to affordable food is difficult as the borders are closed borders and queuing for water is part of normal life in DRC;
• Please continue to pray for the local economy in both Diocese which is being badly affected by the coronavirus controls and the daily community life in villages where social interaction is an important part of the culture.
Diocesan Outreach Team
Pray for those whose mental health has been affected during lockdown, especially those feeling anxiety about the easing of restrictions and uncertainty over timescales and expectations;
• Pray for those facing uncertainty in employment, those who are having to completely revise their plans and those who are no longer sure of the path they are on;
• Please pray for #faithathome as we encourage children, young people and families to grow closer to God at home.
Transforming Lives Together
TLT is hosting a webinar on 28 May called the Covid Cash Course. Please pray that the technology works well and that the course helps people to provide useful advice about finance to individuals and families in their communities. For more information and to register attendance use this link: https://bit.ly/3fxJW4F
TLT are now applying for funding to be able to provide food to communities through churches in areas of the diocese that are outside of Cheshire west and Cheshire East. Please pray for a positive outcome to their latest funding bid. Please continue to pray that they distribute support to those who need it most.
Business and Commerce in our Diocese
We are asked to pray for the “mind of Christ”, as St Paul teaches, for the key decisions being made by our business leaders and that they may be gifted with wisdom and sensitivity as they make decisions with regards to future steps;
• Pray specifically for wisdom over important Lockdown issues and the prospects of their teams returning to work and managing the safety of their staff and customers;
• That required health and safety equipment and supplies will be available at a reasonable price and in good time;
• That people in all different roles within business may find new and purposeful ways of using their skills and talents as things inevitably change;
• That people within business will find ways of relaxing and de-stressing when not ‘at work;’
• For those who are anxious that their business or job may never recover.
• Please pray for the safety of staff and pupils;
• For wise decision-making by headteachers, senior leaders and governors;
• That anxieties felt by staff, pupils and parents about returning to schools would be eased;
• Pray for staff and pupils who cannot return, due to self-isolation, shielding or because of under-lying health conditions.
N.H.S., Residential Care, Hospitals and Hospice Chaplains:
We continue to pray for all who work in the N.H.S. and residential care, for safety, energy and for wisdom for those making decisions at all levels;
• Please pray for our hospital and hospice chaplains as they care for the patients, staff and families for protection and for wisdom as they offer words of comfort;
• Pray that any anxieties due to missed or cancel
led appointments and operations would be eased.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is an area/ministry of our Diocese which you would like us to pray for.
Thank you, for joining us in prayer,
Jonathon and the Foxhill Team.