Video-chat with Molly Wingate,
Slow Parenting Teens
You are invited to an online conversation with Molly Wingate (Colorado Springs Friends Meeting, IMYM) about the joys and challenges of raising teens. Molly co-authored the book Slow Parenting Teens (2012)
with her colleague Marti Woodward, and she continues to lead workshops on the subject. REGISTER
to participate in this free online conversation, then read Molly's recent article, "Slow, Simple, Not Easy
," from the Sept/Oct 2014 issue of Western Friend.
Also, visit the website of Slow Parenting Teens.
In this facilitated, 90-minute conversation, we will be discussing two topics: creating emotionally safe relationships with teens and handling teen risk-taking.
Online conversation with Molly Wingate:
How to use Western Friend's online meeting room:
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early, if possible, to get situated in the online meeting room.
- Sign into the room as a "guest," using your own name.
- "Allow" Western Friend to share your video and audio when you receive a small dialog box that asks you to allow this.
- Look for buttons near the margins of the video-chat window that let you turn your microphone on and off (and adjust the volume), let you turn your webcam on and off, let you "raise your hand," etc.
- Use the microphone button to mute your microphone when you are not speaking. (It works best if you use the button provided by the video-chat window and not a mute function in your hardware.)
- Pause the video image of yourself when you are not speaking. To do this, hover your cursor over your name where it appears in the bottom left corner of the video image of yourself. When you hover over your name, a "pause" button appears there.
- When you want to speak: 1) click on the "raise your hand" button, 2) unmute your microphone, and 3) unpause the video image of yourself.
- If you have any technical problems during the video-chat, either type a message in the "chat" field of the video-chat window, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing you online soon!
Donate to Western Friend today.