2014 National Travel & Tourism Week, May 3-11
Several events in Montana coincide with the annual observance
This yearâ€™s National Travel and Tourism Week, May 3 â€“ 11, is an annual salute to travel and tourism in America.
The observance was established by a Congressional joint resolution in 1983 and first celebrated in 1984.
According to the U.S. Travel Association, leisure and business travel in the U.S. generated $2.1 trillion in 2013 including $57.1 billion from international visitor spending making travel our nationâ€™s #1 service export.
According to the University of Montanaâ€™s Institute for Tourism and Recreation Research, just over 11 million non-residents visited Montana in 2013 and generated $3.62 billion in spending. It is estimated that non-resident tourism last year directly supported 30,000 jobs statewide.
Read our full press release here and learn more about some Montana events that coincide with National Travel & Tourism Week:
1. 5/3/2014, MISSOULA, GARDEN CITY BREWFEST
2. 5/10/2014, KALISPELL, MONTANA SPARTAN RACE
3. 5/4/2014, GREAT FALLS, LEWIS & CLARK CENTER 16TH ANNIVERSARY
4. 5/11/2014 â€“ 12/20/2014, LEWISTOWN, CHARLIE RUSSELL CHEW-CHOO
5. 5/3/2014 â€“ 5/4/2014, BILLINGS, SPRING CLASSIC BIG SKY MOTORCROSS RACE
6. 5/11/2014 â€“ 5/18/2014, MILES CITY, MILES CITY BUCKING HORSE SALE
7. 5/3/2014, HELENA, INTERNATIONAL MIGRATORY BIRD DAY FESTIVAL
8. 5/10/2014, HELENA, DONâ€™T FENCE ME IN RUN TRAIL RUN