TRUSTEES IN TOUCH
Greetings CSL Members and Friends,
On Sept. 6., 2022, the CSL Board convened its regular monthly meeting. As part of our “Trustees In-Touch” program I wanted to share some important and exciting details from the meeting.
The following is a summary overview:
We recently received a Mid-Year Financial update from the CSL ‘Home Office”. It revealed that there has been a “collective decline in revenue through-out the organization that has affected almost every ministry and department” and has also touched every CSL affiliated organization. Fortunately for CSL Las Cruces, your faithful giving has helped us weather the financial storm of 2021 and help offset declining attendance in 2022. I am excited to say that financially, we are doing good. Our operating and cash reserves remain stable with little decline and the equity position has actually improved. We are able to pay our staff, bills, and vendors on-time. That is wonderful news.
As we continue to open up the ministry to in-place meetings and events, we will continue to watch the situation and look as to how we may attract more people to the Center. It is the desire of this Board to assure our CSL members that the Center for Spiritual Living in the Heart of Las Cruces is alive and well. Thank you so much to each of you for your resiliency in giving faithfully. It is much appreciated.
Don’t forget, we have a Treasure Sale coming up in the end of October.
Building Committee Update:
The Board approved Phase 1: Treasure Sale/Clean-Up & Minor Building Repairs. Some of the tasks include:
· Sell the hutch in the sanctuary;
· Replace broken window and fix damaged window frames; paint trim.
· Add 2 way black thermal window film to Main Street windows;
· Patch & paint Main Street façade peeled stucco locations;
· Add vinyl signage in openings in the tower;
· Mount projector from ceiling in Sanctuary;
· Clean out garage and back storage for Treasure sale;
· Relocate light switches out of the office and into the Sanctuary;
· Construct new stair to 2nd floor.
We look forward to rejuvenating the “body” of CSL with these projects. If you are interested in helping, let a Board Member know.
Board Treasurer & Building Committee Co-Chair