Oceans & Water Webinar
Teach your students on the beach
Online Webinar (please pass onto any teachers you know)
18th June 2014 | Start: 5pm BST | Finish: 6pm | Online | £10 Sign up here
(Can't make the date? Sign up and we'll send you the recording)
About the webinar:
Join Alexis Bowater and Ian Lewis from Beach Schools South West for this month’s webinar on outdoor learning and how to teach on the beach. Where better to learn geography, maths, geology, art, science, nature, conservation, geomorphology, team building, health and safety and marshmallow toasting than on the shoreline?
This webinar will demonstrate how you can embed the Beach Schools training and philosophy into your school’s educational programme.
- Hear how a variety of tasks and activities benefit children and compliment classroom-based learning.
- Understand why teaching on the beach is a great way to engage the marine custodians of the future.
- Learn about the positive outcomes of Beach Schools.
- See how Beach Schools helps children understand the marine environment.
- Learn about the positive outcomes: reducing stress, improving concentration and helping children.
See our website for more information about our presenters
Can't make the date?
Your facilitator is Rupert Bannister of Koru Education and has a wide and long history as a horticulturalist himself as well as a sustainability educator.
Don't worry, register now and we'll send you the recording.
When you sign up, you will get instructions on how to access the very simple software (Webinars OnAir), and login to the live webinar. You will be able to ask questions and listen into the discussion. After the webinar you will get a video of the whole presentation to review at your leisure.
This webinar is just £10. You just need to sign up and pay via PayPal here.
SEEd Webinars coming soon
See SEEd's list of events for the coming academic year 2013-14
If you an idea of a great presenter or topic let us know. Or does your network have needs and ideas and want to have one seminar? Email us at email@example.com
The SEEd Team