Finding Inspiration: Conversation & Contest Wins
When this mess all started and we got our Zoom account to run our workshops online, we wanted to find another way to give back to our community of creators. Hearthside Salons was born. I have conversations with fascinating friends on their careers, their setbacks and triumphs, what they’ve learned, and what they wish they’d known. We’ve talked to everyone, from an Emmy-winning Sesame Street puppeteer, to a scientist on NASA’s Mars lander program, to the Academy’s latest inductee on her work giving voice to the African diaspora. Find past episodes on Podbean or iTunes (search for Hearthside Salons).
Or, you can join us live (register HERE) to be part of our audience Q&A:
- October 6 - film composer Jeff Rona (for Spielberg, Altman, Soderbergh, etc) on the intersection of creativity and technology, and storytelling through music
- October 13 - Oscar and Emmy-nominated director Sara Nesson on persisting with her docs Women Who Score and Poster Girl
- October 20 - actor Rebecca Field on working with Gaga and the Coops in A Star Is Born
- October 27 - Voices of Persistence: a conversation with filmmakers Amy Walker, Jessica Graham, Martha Wheelock, and Jessica Martin on suffrage, voting, and the story of suffragist Inez Milholland
Huge Congrats to our Coaching and Workshop Alumni!
- Peadar Mitchell won the International Independent Film Awards with his harrowing script "Escaping Lagos"
- Jeff Goldstein's spirited comedy screenplay "Love You Two" was selected for the Rome Independent Prisma Awards
- Kate Marks won the mother-truckin’ Nicholl Fellowship with her charming script "The Cow of Queens"
We couldn’t be more proud if we won ourselves!
Our current round of online classes is going strong. Our next round will start in January. If you want to be sure to nab your spot (only 8 per class) in either Concept to Pages or Writing is Rewriting, let us know early.
Know other writers? Please pass this email on.
Receiving this email from a friend? Sign up for our mailing list HERE.