President’s Newsletter - May 2019
Since we are on a break from our official meetings and workshops until October, I want to keep you up to date with what’s happening at DVAL. We are still busy planning plein air events, next year’s programs, and working on the handbook.
DUES are due!!
Current DVAL memberships will be expiring as of May 31, 2019. A $20 dues payment for the time period of June 2019—December 31, 2019 should be paid right now
if you want to make sure that you are included in our 2019/2020 membership directory. If you have already made this payment, thank you!
Exhibit Venue Search Committee
Our relationship with Penn Med/Radnor is ending once we pick up our paintings from the Board Invitational in December. If you are interested in joining our Search Committee to look for exhibit space please send me an email
. Also, if you have any locations that you think may be appropriate, please let me know.
We are always looking for new sponsors, so if you have a vendor in mind who may be interested in being one of our sponsors, please contact Robin Moll, our Sponsor Procurement Chair, at RobinBMoll@gmail.com
. Sponsor businesses do not necessarily have to be art related.
Plein Air Dates (Please check DVAL website for more details)
May 2019 (non-DVAL event)
- Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 15, 2019: Painting at three Brandywine River Museum properties: the Brandywine River Museum, N. C. Wyeth Studio, and Kuerner’s Farm. Registration is full for this event.
- Friday, June 21, 2019: Reception at Chadd’s Ford Historical Society, 6 – 8 pm. Paintings will be on exhibit until July 6.
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019: Painting at St. David’s Episcopal Church in Wayne
- Wednesday, August 21 – Thursday, August 22, 2019: Painting at Historical Sugartown, Beer Garden Event. Reception will be held on Thursday, August 22, from 5 – 8 PM.
September 2019 (in planning stages)
- Saturday, September 21 – Monday, September 23, 2019: Painting at Garrett Williamson Estate in Newtown Square. This event is being held to coincide with Delaware County Art Week which runs from September 21 -28.
- Saturday, September 28, 2019: Reception to be held in ballroom at Garrett Williamson Estate. Following this exhibit, unsold paintings will be exhibited in the Newtown Square Public Library for the month of October.
I hope you have a wonderful, curious, and painterly summer.
In closing, “Art speaks where words are unable to explain.” Author unknown