From EOSARDA's Board of Directors
As we are sure you are aware, the world is currently undergoing an outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus, a.k.a. COVID-19. Below are links to excellent sources of information that you might want to consult to help you make your decisions about your actions both in general and with respect to dances.
Public Health Canada offers information from a national perspective
Ottawa Public Health has information from a local perspective
The local Medical Officer of Health offers an informative video
In light of all this, EOSARDA’s Board of Directors suggests that you:
1) check available sources of information regularly because, as you’ve undoubtedly heard, the situation can and does change quickly. You need the most current information (such as what is available from the above sites) to make the best decisions you can to protect yourself from the risks of COVID-19.
2) refrain from attending any Open Dance or regular club night if:
• You have any flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
• You have returned from travel in the last 14 days or live in an area with sustained local transmission (not just a travel ban/warning).
• You have had close physical contact with a person currently under investigation for COVID-19, or whom is a confirmed case of COVID-19.
3) take the following steps if you are healthy and choose to attend a dance or club night:
• DO NOT cough or sneeze into your hand or hands, use a disposable tissue and wash your hands right away.
• Wash, wash, wash your hands. The best way is with soap and water. Second best is an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
• If you are able, wash your hands using soap and water as frequently as possible for a minimum of 20 seconds -- long enough to sing 'Happy Birthday’ to your self twice.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Respect other dancers by avoiding touching anyone who wishes not to be touched.
4) If you’re organizing or holding a dance or club night:
• Ensure that you have available a supply of disposable tissues for the dancers.
• Do what you can to make sure facilities are available for washing hands with soap and water.
• If hand washing with soap and water isn’t possible, make the effort to have available alcohol-based hand sanitizer for the dancers.