How To Green Clean 2020
Tips for cleaning during COVID
We are on heightened alert about germs in our homes. Plenty of companies claim to be able to safely steam or spray sanitize all surfaces. We gathered some information to consider, questions to ask and ways to "Green Clean", even in COVID....read on:
How safe are the chemicals they use?
LINK HERE to article US Public Interest Research Group
- The EPA does not license companies that offer disinfecting services.
- There are no federal requirements regarding training for persons using EPA "List N" (see full article) approved chemicals.
- Soft surfaces are the hardest to disinfect.
How can we clean and respect the environment too?
LINK HERE to article REALTOR.org
- Choose microfiber mop pads to pick up dirt on wood floors instead of chemicals.
- Use cotton cleaning rags instead of paper towels.
- Use olive oil for shining stainless appliances.
- Steam clean the shower=no chemicals!
- Brew your own disinfecting spray (see the article for recipe)
Install touch-free/antimicrobial products
- Install a touchless kitchen faucet.
- Use a motion sensor soap dispenser.
- Install a motion sensor paper towel dispenser.
- Use a motion sensor or foot-controlled garbage can.
- Quartz countertops have antimicrobial agents baked into the material.
- Cork flooring is antimicrobial and water-resistant.
- Convert to a keyless entry system
- Install a Voice-activated lighting control system.
- Use sensors or automatic light switches.
Buyers will love the features that you install and it is key to highlight the features that might not be easily recognized. Your family will rest a little easier as we move into the winter months and holiday gathering season. Please let us know if you need more information on safety and home cleaning.
Inventory is still low so if you are thinking of changing your home environment, give us a call. We can help move you toward your goal before the end of 2020.