Family Enterprise Topics of Interest
We recently hosted a reception to introduce The Peer Alliance to prospective Forum members. With more than 20 people in attendance, we talked a bit about the history of our Forum experience and then asked a few current Forum members to share some of their insights â€“ their reasons for joining The Peer Alliance and how it has benefited them.
We then went around the room asking prospective members to share what prompted them to join us that evening, their topics of interest and what theyâ€™d like to explore further. Among the topics were the following:
- Building an infrastructure
- Succession planning
- Balancing family and work
- Growing the business and the organization
- Best practices for roles and responsibilities
- Achieve success in the business and still take a vacation
- Fairness in the family business
- Setting personal and business goals
- Managing expectations
- Dynamics between family and non-family employees
It never ceases to amaze us how pervasive these themes are in the world of family enterprise. The twist, of course, is how they uniquely apply to each different family and to each different business.
The benefit of The Peer Alliance is our membersâ€™ ability to share openly their own experience for the benefit of one another.
Click below to hear what Jake Grossman, a 5th
generation family business member, has to say about The Peer Alliance.