July 10-13th, New York City and New Jersey
Happy 4th of July! In addition to celebrating American independence this weekend, we hope you join us for CelebebrateHAMILTON next weekend!
The summer festival honoring Alexander Hamilton kicks off on Friday, July 10th with a US Coast Guard Auxiliary concert on the steps of Federal Hall and a remembrance ceremony at Alexander Hamilton's grave at Trinity Church in Lower Manhattan.
We've heard from AHA Society members from all over the country who will be attending, and we are looking forward to seeing you soon! Get the latest information about all of the events from the links under the section "Get all the Info" below.
Not able to attend in person? Keep scrolling and see what we have planned for you!
GET ALL THE INFO
You can see the most up-to-date information on each event in one of two ways:
- Our detailed e-flyer with event descriptions and more - CLICK HERE
- Our one page printable program sheet in PDF form - CLICK HERE
Watch the official video promo for the CelebrateHAMILTON events - CLICK HERE
Note that a few event details have been updated recently, so please review the latest event information at either of the two links above. For example, the walking tour originally scheduled on Monday, July 13th has been postponed to a future festival. This was done so that the AHA Society board can hold a private meeting to formulate strategy and articulate action plans to address the new $10 bill news. We will be sharing the results with you afterwards.
Weehawken, NJ, July 11th, 6 pm: The CelebrateHAMILTON festival takes place annually around the anniversary of the Burr-Hamilton Duel and Hamilton's resulting death. Join the gathering at Hamilton Park overlooking the original dueling grounds in Weehawken. This year, 5th great-grandson Douglas Hamilton will be speaking on Alexander Hamilton's legacy and his place on the $10 bill. MORE DETAILS
Then at 7:30 pm at the Weehawken Elks Lodge, dueling expert Dr. Joanne Freeman will give a presentation on "Not Throwing Away Any Shots: Understanding the Burr-Hamilton Duel." MORE DETAILS
These are just two of the fifteen public events this year, almost all of them with free admission - ALL EVENT INFORMATION
MISSING THE EVENTS IN PERSON?
We want keep you engaged:
- C-SPAN: C-SPAN American History 3 will film our event "Alexander Hamilton: The Formative Years," an author talk at the Museum of American Finance on July 10th. The program will be aired at a later date, which we will announce.
- Twitter: If you use Twitter, interact with our hashtag #CelebrateHamilton to read our live tweets from events.
- YouTube: Several of our events will be filmed to be placed later on our YouTube channel - watch previously filmed programs here.
- Facebook: We will share photos and more on our Facebook page.
GIVING AHA MOMENTS CAMPAIGN
The AHA Society is committed to making almost all of the CelebrateHAMILTON events free to the public. To allow these events to remain free to the public, take this moment to give the AHA Society the resources to reach more people about Alexander Hamilton's life and how it can inspire us today.