Dear faithful in Christ,
With great joy, I am pleased to confirm that the Church of St. Edward the Martyr will resume public worship beginning next weekend. Our last public Mass was six months ago on March 8. The next Spanish Mass will be on Saturday, September 12 at 6pm. The next English Mass will be on Sunday, September 13 at 11am.
We have all learned how to care for one another, and keep each other safe, these past six months. I invite you to continue those practices and resume with confidence the regular practice of Holy Mass. That said, if you find yourself in a vulnerable group or are simply not ready to be in a public group, then please remain home and we will connect with you through our livestreams.
There are many regulations we need to follow to allow this to happen. The staff, vestry and I have prepared safety measures that we will adhere to. These are the most important for you to be aware of:
- We need to wear a mask, or its equivalent, in church.
- We practice social distancing as indicated by markers and roped-off pews.
- We make frequent use of hand-sanitizer provided.
- Upon arrival, an usher will take a quick forehead temperature check, and ask you to write down your name (to permit contact tracing if necessary).
- We will have a cantor, but no congregational singing.
- Please follow instructions for the distribution of Holy Communion that will be given at the Mass.
- Coffee hours and customary greetings after Mass are suspended.
- Church staff will sanitize high-touch areas after every service.
I hope that the joy of Mass will outweigh the inconvenience of these restrictions. I am profoundly grateful that we have reached this moment.
Finally, we are in need of readers and ushers for the weekly services. If you would like to volunteer, please contact me or the church office.
Be safe, take care of one another, and know that you remain in my prayers.
In Jesus and Mary,
Vigilia del Sabado (Saturday Vigil)