Companies with vision plan accordingly to execute the vision. Many people vision is a goal to lose weight and get in better shape.
Have you ever thought about seeking the Lord the first of the year for a fresh new vision or plan for your life in 2017?
Amos 8:11-13 “The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign LORD, “when I will send a famine through the land — not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord.  Men will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the LORD, but they will not find it.  In that day the lovely young women and strong young men will faint because of thirst.”
- •• Men and women were staggering, wandering, and fainting. Why? They had no vision, but rather a famine of hearing the words of God.
How do you get a fresh new vision or God's goal in your life? Many Christians, the first of the year, go on a prayer and fasting to hear from God.
Jensen Franklin has good outlines for prayer and fasting.
He says, "When you give God your first through fasting, prayer and giving at the beginning of the year, you set the course for the entire year."
Why should we fast?
- Seek fresh vision and new goals?
- Do you need direction in your life?
- How about prayer and fasting for a mate?
- Do you have loved ones who are not saved?
- Do you need a spiritual, financial or physical miracle?
- Do you need the tender touch of God in your life?
- Is there a dream inside you that only He can make possible?
- Do you desire a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord?
- Do you need to break away from bondages that have been holding you, hostage?
- Do you desire to know God’s will for your life?
If you decide to go on a fast,, choose to carry it out. Praying and fasting can be rewarding. The Lord may give you insight into things you've never thought about.
During prayer and fasting, you abstain from food or other things:
- Chose a total fast or partial fast from food
- Chose how long you want to fast
- Turn off the TV
- Certain times of the day turn off the phone
- Ask the Lord what you need to give up
During a fast, you can do certain things:
- Spend more time in prayer and fasting
- Read the Word more
- Study His Word - maybe pick a specific book in the bible
- Memorize a scripture a week
- Create a prayer journal of victories
- Have worship music on in your home
The more you are in the Word of God, the more you will recognize the enemy speaking to you, and you can put out the fiery darts. In Hebrews 5:13-14 it says:
Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
The more you know the Word of God, the more you know who you are in Christ. The Word washes the mind that breaks down strongholds and renews the mind to be more like Christ.
Some people pray and fast to receive a vision from the Lord
Strong’s Concordance defines “vision”
as “a sight (mentally), i.e., a dream, revelation, or Oracle: — vision”.
A person vision does:
Psalms 119:105, 130 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path....  The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
- Vision motivates us.
- Vision gives us direction, not aimless effort. It helps you discern your purpose in life in God's eyes.
- Vision is something that “matters” to us.
— Prayer can lead to “ vision”.
Here, Peter was led to open the Gospel to the Gentiles!
Prayer Group For Our Nation
If you are interested in praying with Touch of God International Ministries to pray for our nation, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put in your "Subject Line" - "I am Interested in the praying for our nation."
I will then send you the link and time I will be online to pray for our country.
FREE Books on Prayer!
The Necessity of Prayer by E.M. Bounds – download free spiritual warfare books on prayer
The Weapon of Prayer by E.M. Bounds – download free spiritual warfare books on prayer
Power through Prayer by E.M. Bounds – Free Download
Sermon Teaching Fasting by Derek Prince – Free PDF Download
The Power and Purpose of Fasting – get three free documents on the subject of fasting.
Previous Teachings - Deliverance Prayer
Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
How to Overcome Inferiority and Insecurity
Under Satanic Attack?