To my fellow Members:
Isn't it amazing how quickly a year can go by! It is hard to believe my time as your Chairman of the Board has come to an end. You've given me the privilege of serving in this position, and I thank you for the opportunity. My thanks also go to the wonderful staff at the WOCC and to the Members of the Board of Directors and the various committees that make this organization so successful. Special thanks go to the 2013 Chairman of the Board, David Billsborough and our executive committee who have worked tirelessly to maintain the WOCCâ€™s reputation as the leading business advocate in Central Florida. I would also like to acknowledge the wonderful woman who is your 2015 Chairman of the Board, Debbie Clements. Debbieâ€™s outstanding knowledge of the business climate in Central Florida and her keen sense of leadership will surely make 2015 a banner year for the West Orange Chamber of Commerce. These fantastic people and many more have accomplished so much.
As the saying goes, it is great to go out in style and there is no better way than to do so than by announcing some great news. I'm pleased to announce the 2014 Big Orange Award Winners! These stellar Chamber Members will be honored at our January 30th Big Orange Awards at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- THE CHAIRMANâ€™S AWARD: Betsy VanderLey - DRMP, Inc.
- THE SAM HOVSEPIAN AWARD: Mayor Gary Bruhn - Town of Windermere
- AMBASSADOR OF THE YEAR: Jim Densmore - Parkland International Realty
- THE MARY VANDEVENTER AWARD - THE SPIRIT OF WEST ORANGE: Dr. Barbara Jenkins - OCPS Superintendent
- THE GEORGE BAILEY AWARD: Dick Batchelor - Dick Batchelor Management Group, Inc.
- THE BERT ROPER AWARD: Matthew's Hope Ministries, Inc.
- THE DANNIEL J. PETRO THE BRIGHT FUTURE OF WEST ORANGE AWARD: Randy June - June Engineering Consultants
- LIFETIME DIRECTOR: Jim Densmore - Parkland International Realty
Thank you again for the opportunity to serve. I urge you and your employees to get more involved with this wonderful organization, just as I did over 10 years ago. It is an excellent investment in the future of your business and the success of businesses across West Orange County. Happy Holidays to all!