MEET THE MEDICAL DOCTORS
OF THE OC HEALTH CARE AGENCY
(Santa Ana, CA) - Over the next six months, the OC Health Care Agency (HCA) will introduce followers on social media to our highly qualified, richly diverse, and deeply passionate in-house team of physicians through video and story-telling.
“I’m thrilled that Orange County community members will now have the opportunity to hear their stories and find out what inspires them to serve,” said Mark Refowitz, Director of HCA. “These folks are so much more than medical doctors.”
- They’re detectives investigating in the field to identify and combat the causes of infectious diseases and foodborne illnesses that pose a threat to public health and safety.
- They’re innovators leading technological breakthroughs like OC-MEDS, a system that gives emergency medical technicians and paramedics the ability to electronically document and upload care information to the cloud, saving time and freeing hospital staff to focus on what matters – patients instead of paperwork.
- They’re counselors applying evidence-based approaches to compassionately guide patients struggling with serious and persistent mental health issues toward balance and wellness. They meet that need wherever it exists: inside Orange County’s jails, courtrooms, clinics, and on its streets.
- They’re advocates coordinating, providing and championing the expert care of children with complex and potentially life-threatening medical conditions like cancer, cerebral palsy, hemophilia and heart disease.
- They’re humanitarians who could easily make more money in private practice but instead choose to dedicate their professional (and often personal) lives to improving the physical, mental and emotional health of individuals, families and communities both here and around the world.
You’re invited to #MeetTheMDs today on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ochealth), Facebook (www.facebook.com/ochealthinfo), and YouTube (www.youtube.com/user/ochealthinfo).
# # #