Orange County Task Force Launches
Drowning Prevention Campaign
Who: The Orange County Task Force on Drowning Prevention will launch a countywide messaging campaign using OCTA buses.
When: Wednesday, May 25 at 10:30 a.m.
Media staging begins at 10:15 a.m.
Where: Wlliam Woollett Aquatic Center
4601 Walnut Ave, Irvine
What: The Orange County Task Force on Drowning Prevention will unveil the messaging used on OCTA buses with a large, wrapped OCTA bus. Speakers will address the importance of drowning prevention efforts and consistent messaging in Orange County. Children’s swim lessons will also be taking place in the outdoor pool.
One on One Interviews with Three Families who Tragically Lost Children to Drowning
- Julie Lopiccolo, Jasper Ray Foundation
- Todd Spitzer, Supervisor, Third District and OCTA Board Member
- Jeff Lalloway, City of Irvine Councilman and OCTA Board Member
- Stephanie Najera on behalf of Al Murray, Chairman of Drowning Prevention Task Force and OCTA Board Member
- Assistant Sheriff Toni Bland, OCSD
- Julie Lopiccolo and Jonathan St. Clair (21-month-old son drowned in a backyard pool)
- Foster Parnell (18-year-old son drowned at the beach)
- Ernie Susman (3 ½-year-old daughter drowned in a community spa)
Video & Interview Opportunities Available in English and Spanish