Some of you might have seen on instagram I started an ambitious shapesetting composition with ornate fraktur letterforms... It was slow progress (partly due to complexity but also because I have been at the mac catching up on client work since getting back from the Design Assembly events in NZ). One of the biggest challenges to printing the feet (the backside of the type) is the sorts are less stable on the face. As I inched closer to completing the lock up last weekend I accidentally knocked a large section over and am now back at square one! In an act of ink therapy, I restored sanity last Saturday by layering up overprints of woodtype which was infinitely less tricky to work with. But I am hoping to have another go at this composition and am itching to get some analogue playtime in the print pavilion this weekend!
I hope you have a great weekend and allow time for your own creative practice, play, curiosity and catching up on a monthly dose of TypoMusings over the next few days!