CCS Gulf Newsletter Issue 03/16
Don’t forget to run updates on Accounts, Procurement and Wages every Monday to ensure your are always on the latest version using latest functionality.
Recent enhancements, feature releases and changes
Your BFF (BuildSmart Feature Flash)
- Enhanced Multi-user facilities and features – Enhancements to Candy in multi-user mode, i.e. multiple users in the same job simultaneously, currently under feasibility, development and testing include the following:
- Selected Subcontract rates can be sent to the bill
- Visible running totals for certain amount headers such as net, gross and selling amounts
- Running a Topsheet
- Defining and allocating Trade, Resource Type, Bill, Cost, Task and Subcontract Package codes
- Access to the bill of quantities in multi-page mode
- Sorting, filtering and group-by
- Single instance access for Planning, Cashflow and QTO
- Speed and processing time improvement
- Simplified Resource forecasting for Cost vs Allowables – at post tender stage during each valuation, remaining resource usages can be manually spread and shifted according to perceived monthly productions and utilisations, and the costs adjusted accordingly to project cost to complete without using a linked program and/or the cost worksheets.
- New workflows added to Journals, Subcontractor Reconciliation, Debtor Reconciliation, Payroll Clock Card Batches, Payroll Advised Amount Batches, Payroll Leave Day Batches and Payroll Sick Days Batch with email notifications.
- A new flag has been added into the procurement organisation parameters to block the creation of new creditor records when new suppliers are used, this is set to block the creation by default.
- Debtors Age Analysis report filter on ledger code control code, an option to group / sub total by ledger control code.
- Requisition based hire returns allows for the capture of up to 8 additional meter readings per plant item. Note these meter types are configured globally but do not trigger any form of servicing and are not currently shown on any reports.
- Yard Stock Posting : Include Return Date – If this option ticked in Org Parameter then hire calculation will include return date for calculating number of days hired.
- ‘Park and Post’ is available in Ledger Transaction with a message displayed that this is activated.
- Attachments to individual Sub Contractor Reconciliations (Certificates) and Debtors Reconciliations (Valuations) as well as the Contract Master.
- The Preload internal transaction arrays on the Org Parameters is turned off the Debtors, Subcontractors and Contracts drop downs is replaced with a search field.
Dubai's largest mall project shifts to new location
The site for the multibillion dirham Mall of the World - conceived as the biggest ever such destination - has been relocated to an area on Mohammed Bin zayed Road. The new location has been selected so that the project's "tourism contribution can be fully realised", according to a statement from Dubai Holding, the developer.
Oman construction sector tipped for growth
Oman's construction sector is expected to post a healthy growth in the coming years, following major international investments into Duqm, analysts have said.
Dubai ruler launches Jumeirah Central megaproject
Sheikh Mohammed announces plans for 47 m sq. ft. project, which will house 35,000 people and have 7,200 hotel rooms. A major new city district dubbed Jumeirah Central is set to be built in Dubai.