Flourish Online Group
Hello ladies! Many of you expressed interest in a group study that we can do online. The new restrictions have created extra time for some of us and an extra workload for others, ie. instant homeschooling, or overtime in the medical field. I think we have come up with a good solution for the near term.
1. Download the YouVersion app onto your device if you don’t have it. You can find it in your app store. If you need more information about it, go to www.youversion.com/the-bible-app.
We are going to create a women’s group on the YouVersion App with a plan starting this Monday. It will include a synchronized daily reading plan with a devotion and scripture verses with an option to comment and/or answer discussion questions. Each participant will do their daily reading and commenting on their own time.
Along with the YouVersion App, we may schedule occasional (optional) Zoom discussion groups. Zoom is the video chat app that we used for community group.
How to get started with the YouVersion group:
2. Make a personal account on the YouVersion app. Make sure you leave the notifications “on” if you want to know when someone in the group adds to the discussion.
3. Friend Request Doreen Marinelli on the app. If you need help or have questions, you can text or call Doreen at 508-737-3807. Doreen will be leading the group and inviting you to the first Reading Plan that we will do together.
4. Upon the invitation to join the Reading Plan from Doreen, accept the invite.
5. As many of you know from experience, following the plan is pretty self explanatory - just go down the daily checklist. We recommend you have a notebook or journal handy to take notes on what God shows you in the daily reading. This will also help you put your thoughts together for sharing on the Talk It Over discussion page.
I hope you will join us! Don’t forget who our God is and don’t forget who you are in Christ...Hope in Him... Worship through the worry... And be filled with strength and a peace that can only come from Jesus. Renew and soar so that you can pass on the Hope you have in Him.
Isaiah 40:31 ...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.