Seventeenth Week of the Summer Share!
Share is In and ready for Pick Up!
What's in the Share:
Parsley or Garlic
Potatoes or Kohlrabi
We are nearing the end Summer Share! There are still spots available - you can sign up in the market.
Stay tuned for the Winter Share Release! The Winter Share will begin in four weeks, on October 24.
The Summer features Whipstone Farm, Crooked Sky, and Blue Sky Farm. It runs for 20 weeks, from early June through mid-October. Check out items in season during the summer.
Flowers continue this Week!
Fresh, Seasonal, Local Produce in the Market:
Red and Gold Onions
We take EBT/SNAP! All food items are eligible for purchase with a SNAP card.
We now also offer Double Up Food Bucks. Receive free tokens whenever you swipe your EBT card at the CSA - tokens can then be used to purchase fresh Arizona grown fruits and vegetables.
Roasted Pepper Hummus
- 1 - 2 bell or anaheim pepper, roasted
- 2 cups/453 g cooked chickpeas (canned chickpeas are fine, drained and rinsed)
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped (start with less garlic if not sure)
- 5 tbsp. tahini
- 1 to 2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, optional.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In the large bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, add the roasted peppers along with the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, sumac, smoked paprika, and lemon juice (do not add pine nuts yet.) Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil. Run the processor until you reach the desired creamy paste consistency. Test and adjust seasoning,if needed. Run the processor again to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, top hummus with a little more extra virgin olive oil and the toasted pine nuts. Add a pinch of paprika or sumac for garnish, if you like. Serve with warm pita bread and sliced veggies for dipping! Enjoy!
We now have a Facebook group page to share recipes, and discuss the CSA Share! Click this link to request to join!
Check out our weekly website update "What's in Stock"!
We'll update it with new info on produce, dairy, meat, and other new or popular items! Feel free to call in as well if you're curious about what we've got!
Stay Posted and Shop Local!