Second Week of the Spring Share!
Share is In and ready for Pick Up!
What's in the Share:
Onions or Lemons
Oranges or Grapefruit
Baby Spinach or Arugula
Red or Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli or Brussels Sprouts
Kohrabi or Green Onions
Cabbage or Parsley
Pick Up times are between between 12-7pm.
Spring Share Continues Today!
The Spring Share features Blue Sky & Crooked Sky Farm. It runs for 14 weeks and includes items such as celery, greens, root vegetables, strawberries and more!
We have a handful of spots to begin today - but they will go quickly! You can sign up online or in the market. We have about 5 spots lefts for next week.
Check out more items in season during the spring.
Fresh, Seasonal, Local Produce in the Market:
Red and Gold Onions
We take EBT/SNAP! All food items are eligible for purchase with a SNAP card.
We now also offer Double Up Food Bucks. Receive free tokens whenever you swipe your EBT card at the CSA - tokens can then be used to purchase fresh Arizona grown fruits and vegetables.
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- pinch of Sugar
- pinch of Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon finely minced Cilantro Leaves
- 2.5 ounces Kale Leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño, finely minced
- Pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, or glass measuring cup, combine the lime juice, olive oil, sugar, ground cumin, sea salt and 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro leaves.
- Whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, purple cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, green onion, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and jalapeño.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Re-wisk the dressing, then pour over the vegetables and stir to coat evenly.
- Taste for seasoning and season, to taste, with pepper.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for 15 - 20 minutes.
We now have a Facebook group page to share recipes, and discuss the CSA Share! Click to request to join!
Check out our weekly website update "What's in Stock"!
We'll update it with new info on produce, dairy, meat, and other new or popular items! Feel free to call in as well if you're curious about what we've got!
Stay Posted and Shop Local!