Ninth Week of the Spring Share!
Share is In and ready for Pick Up!
What's in the Share:
Onions or Garlic
Wild Arugula or Baby Spinach
Valencia Oranges or Grapefruit
Sweet or Red Potatoes
Spring CSA going on now!!
We still have a number of spots open today, so it's not to late to sign up!
You sign up in to the market, or give us a call to reserve your spot!
The share is sourced weekly from Blue Sky Organic Farm and Crooked Sky Farm in central AZ. It's the shortest share of the year, running only 14 weeks. If you've ever wanted to give a CSA membership a try, this is a great time!
We have flowers this week!
Fresh, Seasonal, Local Produce in the Market:
Red and Gold Onions
Purple & Green Cabbage
We are celebrating our new EBT/SNAP eligibility! All food items are eligible for purchase with a SNAP card.
We now also offer Double Up Food Bucks! Receive free tokens whenever you swipe your EBT card at the CSA - tokens can then be used to purchase fresh Arizona grown fruits and vegetables!
Roasted Sweet Potato Spring Rolls
8 rice papers
4 cups shredded spinach
1 medium sweet potato, peeled
1 bunch (8-10) scallions
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons chili flakes
2 tablespoons honey or vegan-friendly sub
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
pinch of salt
soy sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili flakes, garlic, honey, vinegar, and salt. Cut sweet potato into long and thinner sticks (1/4″ thick). Slice the scallions lengthwise into quarters and roughly the same length as the sweet potatoes. Toss sweet potato and onion with the chili mixture. Place on a baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes- sweet potato should be just beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before assembly.
- Roughly chop the spinach and place in a bowl.
- Set up an assembly station with the slightly cooled sweet potatoes, spinach, sesame seeds, a bowl of warm water, and a cutting board.
- Soak the rice paper for 10-15 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water.) Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with spinach and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds then roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Once done slice in half and serve with a little bowl of soy sauce.
We now have a Facebook group page to share recipes, and discuss the CSA Share! Click this link to request to join!
Check out our weekly website update "What's in Stock"!
We'll update it with new info on produce, dairy, meat, and other new or popular items! Feel free to call in as well if you're curious about what we've got!
Stay Posted and Shop Local!