Update on COVID-19 Operations
In the past few days we’ve seen our world upended by COVID-19 virus. One silver lining is that the local Arizona food system is still resilient, and our CSA members can continue to enjoy the fresh harvest from Crooked Sky and Blue Sky Farm this week!
We are grateful to still be able to serve the Flagstaff community. And, we are more stocked than ever!
However, we are operating in a different environment today than we were a week ago. We ask the community for support in implementing a new model of operation.
In an attempt to make the CSA safe for everyone, we are offering exclusively curbside service.
What this means:
Access to the market is closed for in -person shopping.
Orders can be placed via TEXT to this number - 928-543-9803. We are no longer able to receive orders at the front door or via phone call. If you don’t have a cell phone, please email us at email@example.com
and provide a landline number where we can reach you for payment.
We will do our best to fulfill the order - and certainly provide what we can. Check out our "What's in Stock" page to see what's fresh this week.
We will call you to confirm when your order is ready and collect payment via phone. (Debit or credit card accepted).
Text us when you arrive (or arrange prior if you have a landline) and we will place the order out front for pick up or place in the backseat of your car.
In order to reduce the risk of transmission, our goal is to be a 100% contact free operation.
We appreciate your help in this. We hope to keep providing fresh food to the community while preventing further spread of the virus. Thank you for your patience as we work out any kinks in the system. For shareholders we are offering carside service. Please see here if you haven't seen the email yet.
Thank you for your continued support!
FourthWeek of the Spring Share
Share is In and will be ready for curbside service at Noon!
What's in the Share:
Pick Up times are between between 12-7pm.
We are closing the Spring Share to new members at this time. Please send us an email if you are interested in joining and we can add you to the wait list. We may be able to add more members as the new system and health recommendations evolve.
Check out more items in season during the spring.
Fresh, Seasonal, Local Produce in the Market:
Red and Gold Onions
Purple Cabbage Salad
3/4 lbs red cabbage, thinly shredded
2 cups boiled water
1 fire roasted red peppers (or 1/2 cup shredded cucumber)
1 small carrot
1 bunch celery
1 small white onions 1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
pulp from half a lemon
1. Cut cabbage head in halves along the stem, and each half in halves, again along the stem. Place a quarter cabbage on the cutting board. Cut perpendicular to the stem in slices 1/2-1 inch thick. Each slice is to be laid on the board and cut in 1/2-1 inch thick slices. Get a Borner mandoline slicer if you want to make this job effortless.
2. Place shredded cabbage into the strainer, pour boiling water over it, and immediately pour cold water. Squeeze the water out of cabbage. (This makes it softer and easier to eat.)
3. Place cabbage in the bowl, add salt and mix, squeezing cabbage in your palms.
4. Add thinly shredded red pepper, grated carrot and celery.
5. Cut onion in thin rings, and then cut the rings in halves.
6. Add parley and dill.
7. Mix 1 tbsp of honey ( or sugar), 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic clove, pulp from 1/2 lemon in a separate bowl then toss with salad. Add toasted sesame seeds or wheat bran on top. Enjoy!
Check out our weekly website update "What's in Stock"!
We'll update it with new info on produce, dairy, meat, and other new or popular items! Feel free to call in as well if you're curious about what we've got!
Stay Posted and Shop Local!