Countdown Week (September 6-9)
During Countdown Week, the Community Foundation will use digital and print media platforms to build Old Bill’s awareness and fundraising momentum by spotlighting nonprofits by services areas/areas of interest. At www.oldbills.org, the Foundation will highlight Old Bill’s Participating Nonprofits and a Nonprofit Gallery (scroll down to bottom).
Each day of Countdown Week, the Foundation will highlight specific nonprofit service areas (see below). Your organization is in the service area you specified in your Old Bill’s application.
This year, countdown week is focused on social media and marketing amplification leading up to Run Day. Each nonprofit is invited to do something on its designated day to celebrate its work and Old Bill’s in general. Some ideas:
- Tuesday, September 6 – Conservation & Environment + Animals
- Wednesday, September 7 – Education + Civic
- Thursday, September 8 – Sports & Recreation + Arts & Culture
- Friday, September 9 – Health & Human Services
You’re encouraged to share your Countdown Week celebration via Foundation marketing channels:
- Create a digital impact photo compilation and share it on your website and social media.
- Make a short video about your organization and how to support it through Old Bill’s, then post it to social media or send out in a special edition e-newsletter.
- Individual or collaborative newspaper or radio advertising.
- Use the hashtag #oldbills2022 in social media posts.
- Tag @cfjacksonhole on Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Email your photos and/or video content to Anne Bradley.
In order to make Old Bill’s Fun Run a success, more than 350 volunteers are needed before and during the event. Volunteer as an organization or send this opportunity out to your networks!
Register to RUN (or walk!)
On Saturday, September 10 at 10am, Old Bill's Fun Run will take place in person at the playing fields at Jackson Elementary School (JES) on Willow Street. Some of you might remember that Jackson Elementary School Field was the site of the original Old Bill’s Fun Run 26 years ago.
Old Bill’s will include a 5K and 10K run/walk. Participate as an organization in logo'd gear (costumes strongly encouraged)! Winners of each race will receive prize money to donate to their favorite nonprofits. Before and after the Fun Run, the community is invited to experience the Nonprofit Village featuring interactive, family-friendly activities hosted by 100+ nonprofits.
Reminder: the above ways to participate in Old Bill’s are entirely optional. As always, your nonprofit is free to determine how to engage your stakeholders in Old Bill’s celebrations and giving.