First Love One True Love
Call for Submissions:
EROS 2016 - an exhibition of erotic art
The Arbor Gallery's seventh annual EROS 2016
makes this show currently the longest running annual exhibition of erotic art in Canada.
will open February 10 to March 13, 2016, with a vernissage
on Sunday afternoon, February 14, from 1 and 3 pm.
The theme of EROS 2016
is “First Love One True Love
”. Artists are invited to submit artwork for consideration with preference given to those works interpreting the theme. Other works not related to the theme will also be considered.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, December 21, 2015.
Artists will be informed no later than December 31st
if their artwork (and which pieces) has been selected and those chosen will receive an agreement for their review and acceptance/signature, to be returned with the membership fee (see below), no later than January 15, 2016.
The call is open for contemporary works in all media by artists at all levels. An artist may submit up to four (4) art pieces (via images) for consideration. All submissions are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “EROS 2016” as subject, and must include:
- A short artistic statement (in Word or PDF format) of no more than 50-75 words on how the artwork(s) reflects the “First Love One True Love” theme.
- One JPEG image (max. 300 dpi and <3 Mb each) per artwork (max. 4) with title, media, dimensions, and date.
- A brief artist's bio/resume (no more than one page) and website link.
- Contact information including name, full mailing address, telephone and email.
Artists selected to be in EROS 2016
will be required to:
- purchase an annual artist-membership. The $40 fee, along with the signed agreement, is due after the artwork has been accepted and received by the gallery by January 15, 2016.
- drop off the artwork on Sunday, February 7 by appointment between noon and 4 p.m. at the Gallery, and pick up of their art work at the Gallery on Sunday, March 13 between 4 and 6 pm. Alternate arrangements may be made by exception only.
- ensure the artwork adheres to the Gallery’s framing/hanging preparation guidelines.
- donate a small (5 x 7) unframed, unmatted artwork for the Gallery's annual fundraiser. The donation is to be provided when artwork is dropped off.
This is an open call to all artists, and Arbor Gallery strongly encourages artists from Vankleek Hill and surrounding communities to submit their work. Artwork for the exhibition will be selected by the curator. For more information, contact the curator, John Olsthoorn, at email@example.com
The Arbor Gallery – Centre for Contemporary Art
) exhibits contemporary art side by side with traditional fine arts for a mix that is always fresh and stimulating. Located in a warm historic setting in the heart Vankleek Hill, Ontario, the Gallery sits half way between Ottawa and Montreal and serves up exhibitions as sophisticated and as interesting as any downtown gallery.
36 Home Ave., Box 869
Vankleek Hill, ON K0B 1R0