Designing Sound Event Calendar
Are you looking for other events locally, nationally, and regionally that you don't see listed here? Designing Sound launched a new Events Calendar that will list all kinds of audio geek events. Check it out at http://designingsound.org/resources/events-calendar/.
Audio Society of MN March Meeting: Sopranino Super Tweeter
Tuesday, March 18th
Pavek Museum of Broadcasting
3517 Raleigh Avenue
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
This month's meeting will feature ENIGMAcoustics Inc. They will have on hand their new "Sopranino", a self-polarizing electrostatic super tweeter.
For more information head to https://sites.google.com/site/audiosocietyofminnesota/ or https://www.facebook.com/audiosocietyofmn.
March 7-16, 2014
The first South by Southwest Music Conference and Festival (SXSW) was held in 1987 in Austin, Texas. The music event has grown from 700 registrants in 1987 to over 16,000 registrants. As Austin has grown and diversified, film companies and high-tech companies have played a major role in the Austin and the Texas economies. In 1994, SXSW added a film and interactive component to accommodate these growth industries. SXSW Film and SXSW Interactive events together attract approximately 32,000 registrants to Austin every March.
Game Developers Conference
March 17-21, 2014
747 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is the world's largest and longest-running professionals-only game industry event. The GDC attracts over 23,000 attendees, and is the primary forum where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry. The GDC is produced by the UBM Tech Game Network.
The GDC attracts over 23,000 attendees, and is the primary forum where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry. The GDC is produced by the UBM Tech Game Network.
For more information and to register, head to http://www.gdconf.com/.
PotLuck Audio Conference 2014
August 1-2, 2014
Hilton El Conquistador Resort
1000 North Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
PotLuckCon 2014 will feature expanded interactive workshops, training, and recording tips and tricks shared by our community of engineers, producers, studio owners and recording enthusiasts.
Early registration is just $60, through March 15. Click here to register now. To learn more about the conference, head to http://www.potluckconference.com/.
- MAIN PANELS Engaging, informative and unpredictable. Representing some of the best and brightest in all levels of music recording and production, our panelists openly discuss their approaches and share their knowledge. Post-panel discussions are encouraged and expand your panel experience. Check out the panels from 2012 and 2013.
- EXHIBIT HALL Featuring displays by over 50 pro-audio manufacturers. Representatives will be available on site to answer your questions and help connect you with the best gear for your needs.
- CASITA SUITE DEMO COMMUNITY We convert 25 separate hotel rooms into mini-studios where our superb sponsors and exhibitors give you the opportunity for hands-on interaction and real-time recording. This is a unique chance to try the gear youâ€™ve always heard about.
- GEAR GIVEAWAY Thatâ€™s rightâ€¦ you can go home with some awesome recording gear just by being at PotLuck Audio Con!
- HOST HOTEL The Hilton El Conquistador is a beautiful 4-star golf resort located at the base of the picturesque Santa Catalina mountains. We have a special $99/night room rate, making the PotLuckCon extremely affordable for everyone.
- REGISTER NOW! Take advantage of our early bird pricing. Early registrants qualify for exclusive items from our GEAR GIVEAWAY.
137th AES Convention / AES Los Angeles 2014
October 9-12, 2014
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Save the date! The AES is returning to Los Angeles in October 2014. Keep an eye out at http://www.aes.org/events/137/ for more details.