January 2020 Oakwood Farmers’ Market
This Saturday 18th January, 9-12:30pm
at Oakwood Clock come and celebrate the start of 2020 with f good food, coffee, grocery shopping and
the great Farmers' Market community spirit
The market runs once a month, follow the link to the REAP Farmers' Market web page for details of our regular stall holders who offer:
- meat joints, burgers, chicken, bacon, pies and highland beef
- fresh fish, eggs, cheese, butter and rape seed oil and honey
- plants, flowers, fruit and vegetables.
- soups, sauces and fruit juice.
- bread, patisseries and pastries
- Italian home made donuts and cannelloni
- gluten free pastries
- fresh parathas, chutneys, pakora, samosas
- fresh coffee to drink now and to take away
Remember everything is produced locally and is fresh, organic, seasonal and/or free range.
We have four Guest Stalls this month:
Yorkshire Dama Cheese
Yorkshire Squeaky Cheese, handmade from cows milk sourced from Yorkshire.
Bad Dog Bakery
Artisanal traybake company trading at markets and events across Yorkshire. Sweet treats definitely too good for the dog!
The Holy Smokery
The smokehouse is based at Kilnsey Park Estate in the Yorkshire Dales. Creating and making premium, smoked artisanal food products.
Other Guest Stalls are
They will be sellling
Rambo radish Shoots
China rose radish shoots
This is a community run market, not for profit.
Roundhay declares a Climate Emergency
Leeds City Council declared a Climate Emergency in March 2019.
In response to this the REAP stall will continue to encourage people to sign up for carbon reduction pledges for the Climate Emergency in Roundhay. ( Pat/Helen - is this OK? Will there be more footprints etc for people to take next time?)
REAP Gardening Group
Seasons Greetings from the REAP Gardening Group. They will be back again in February.
The Big Banana Garden
The Banana Garden has been put to sleep for the winter. It has been 'scythed' down to give room for new plants to grow
You can still pick up a REAP lidded reusable bamboo cup
for the subsidised price of £3.00
This month will be
Friends of Roundhay Park
Who will be promoting their new programme of "Little FoRP' events and the new park trails for children, the official launch of 2 trails will be on the 24th Jan.
They still have calendars for those who haven't got theirs yet!
The dates for the market are here.
Every 3rd Saturday
Oakwood has a not-for-profit cinema run by volunteers. Selling great ice cream, popcorn and refreshments at affordable prices. There’s also a fully licensed bar and you can take your drinks into the auditorium.
Next film on Sat 1st February is
All is True
Events in Roundhay Park*
Once again, thanks to the Friends of Roundhay Park for this monthly round-up of events in the park.
- Free Tennis Coaching (from age 5 to adults), tennis courts, last Saturday in the month, 2-4 pm.
- Leeds Rowing Club, Waterloo Lake, weekend mornings
- British Military Fitness Training, meet at Princes Avenue Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Friday and Saturday mornings
- outFIT Fitness Training, meet at the Lakeside Cafe Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay parkrun (free, timed 5 Km, on Saturdays at 9 am), meet at the bandstand at the top of the Carriage Ride from 8:45. To be timed, register online at parkrun.org.uk
- Carnegie Brazilian Soccer Schools, on Soldiers' Field between Old Park Road and Princes Avenue, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay Runners, meet at Princes Avenue car park, Thursday evenings at 7pm
- Leeds Cycling Campaign - All the rides are sociable and supportive, aiming to get folk into cycling or helping people return to cycling. Easy and easy plus rides on Saturday morning 14-22 miles. Easy plus to Intermediate rides on Tuesday mornings 22-35 miles. Intermediate to Long rides on Sundays 35-80 miles.
To receive the monthly round-up of events that John Ferguson compiles for FoRP, contact: Messages@forp.co.uk.
The REAP eBulletin is produced by Judy Summerhill and Nick Claiden for REAP members and anyone else interested in local, community and environmental issues in Roundhay and more widely.
Follow us on Twitter
Find out more about the work we do in the community, go to www.reap-leeds.org.uk
Become a member or find out more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*These events are not organised by REAP