January 2019 Oakwood Farmers’ Market
This Saturday 19th January, 9-12:30pm at Oakwood Clock for food, coffee, grocery shopping and taste of community spirit at Oakwood Farmers' Market.
Every month our Regular stall holders offer:
- meat joints, burgers, chicken, bacon, meat pies and highland beef
- fresh fish, eggs, cheese, butter and rape seed oil and honey
- plants, flowers, fruit and vegetables.
- soups, sauces and fruit juice.
- bread, patisseries and pastries
- Italian home made donuts and cannelloni
- gluten free pastries
- fresh parathas, chutneys, pakora, samosas
- fresh coffee to drink now and to take away
Everything is produced locally and is fresh, organic, seasonal and/or free range. Let us know if there is a stall you'd like to see. Example stalls
Two Guest Stalls this month:
Little Loaves - Small Loaf Style Cakes Facebook
Seasonal Larder - Jams and Cordials
Feedback on Twitter or Facebook about all our stalls to help us decide which stalls the community wants. This is a community run market, not for profit.
REAP Gardening Group
REAP Gardening Group won't be at Oakwood Farmers’ Market until February.
Yorkshire Water will be promoting safe toilet flushing, with some free stuff.
The market dates for 2019 are here. Every 3rd Saturday.
Green Tips for January
Visit a Repair Cafe in 2019
Fix it. Don't bin it.
Dates for your diary
Oakwood has a not-for-profit cinema run by volunteers. Selling great ice cream, popcorn and refreshments at affordable prices. There’s also a fully licensed bar and you can take your drinks into the auditorium. Next film is on Sat 19th January - BlackkKlansman.
Events in Roundhay Park*
Once again, thanks to the Friends of Roundhay Park for this monthly round-up of events in the park.
To receive the monthly round-up of events that John Ferguson compiles for FoRP, contact: Messages@forp.co.uk.
- Free Tennis Coaching (from age 5 to adults), tennis courts, last Saturday in the month, 2-4 pm.
- Leeds Rowing Club, Waterloo Lake, weekend mornings
- British Military Fitness Training, meet at Princes Avenue Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Friday and Saturday mornings
- outFIT Fitness Training, meet at the Lakeside Cafe Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay parkrun (free, timed 5 Km, on Saturdays at 9 am), meet at the bandstand at the top of the Carriage Ride from 8:45. To be timed, register online at parkrun.org.uk
- Carnegie Brazilian Soccer Schools, on Soldiers' Field between Old Park Road and Princes Avenue, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay Runners, meet at Princes Avenue car park, Thursday evenings at 7pm
- Leeds Cycling Campaign - All the rides are sociable and supportive, aiming to get folk into cycling or helping people return to cycling. Easy and easy plus rides on Saturday morning 14-22 miles. Easy plus to Intermediate rides on Tuesday mornings 22-35 miles. Intermediate to Long rides on Sundays 35-80 miles.
The REAP eBulletin is produced by Judy Summerhill and Kari Walker for REAP members and anyone else interested in local, community and environmental issues in Roundhay and more widely.
Follow us on Twitter
Find out more about the work we do in the community, go to www.reap-leeds.org.uk
Become a member or find out more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*These events are not organised by REAP