Hello stylish one!
DAPPER DAY Events celebrate the tradition of stepping out in style.
No need to stress about what to wear. "Dapper" doesn't mean just vintage! We welcome all sophisticated fashions from vintage classics to contemporary chic! As long as it looks sharp, we love it! Dress up a little, or a lot! It's up to you. (And we say dress shorts with blazers are OK!) Active and retired military are encouraged to wear dress blues or service uniforms if you like. Keep in mind these are not costume/cosplay events, we want to see you looking your best in your own personal style!
Your first Dapper Day event? You might want to browse our frequently asked questions here.
WHERE TO SHOP for vintage and contemporary "dapper" looks (just a few suggestions):
• ASOS http://ASOS.com (men/women) GOOD FOR: Bold affordable British suits/jackets $70-$600, shoes, etc
• SUITSUPPLY http://us.suitsupply.com/ (men) GOOD FOR: Excellent quality men's suiting $399-$1100. (LA store opening very soon!)
• H&M http://www.hm.com/ (men/women) GOOD FOR: Contemporary basics, accessories, and dress shirts.
• ZARA http://www.zara.com/ (men/women) GOOD FOR: Contemporary, minimal basics. Men's suiting for $250.
• FOREVER 21 http://www.forever21.com/ (men/women) GOOD FOR: Casual young men's suits/jackets/shirts $50-$160.
• TOPMAN / TOPSHOP http://us.topman.com/ (men/women) GOOD FOR: "Skinny" suits/jackets, shoes, etc $200-$450
• PIN UP GIRL CLOTHING http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/ (women) GOOD FOR: Vintage reproduction styles and accessories. (Expo vendor. Shop in Burbank.)
• UNIQUE VINTAGE http://www.unique-vintage.com/ (women) GOOD FOR: Vintage reproduction styles and accessories. (Expo vendor. Shop in Burbank.)
IN LOS ANGELES...
• SUNDAY AUGUST 30, BURBANK, PICKWICK VINTAGE 1-day event features over 50 exhibitors from across Southern California, featuring vintage clothing, jewelry, and accessories, textiles, and findings (including many DAPPER DAY Expo vendors!) SAVE 10% on tickets via our link HERE
• AMERICAN RAG CIE http://americanrag.com/ South La Brea (large selection of men's/women's casual vintage)
• WASTELAND http://www.shopwasteland.com/ Melrose and other locations (men's/women's resale and recent designer fashions and shoes)
• RECESS http://recessla.com/ South La Brea (women's designer resale)
• RESURRECTION http://www.resurrectionvintage.com/ Melrose (women's rare designer recent vintage)
• DECADES http://www.decadesinc.com/ Melrose (men's/women's luxury designer resale and vintage)
• LA ROSE http://www.laroseboutique.com/ Melrose (eclectic women's vintage)
• TRINA TURK / MR. TURK 3rd st. Bright bold 70's-inspired men's/women's http://www.trinaturk.com/ http://www.mrturk.com/
• BURBANK's vintage corridor. Magnolia Blvd contains several vintage, thrift and resale locations including http://www.vintageplayclothes.com/ (men's/women's vintage), http://www.itsawraphollywood.com/ (men's/women's clothes used in film and TV productions), and Pin Up Girl Clothing and Unique Vintage.
• Our DAPPER DAY EXPO Fri-Sat Sept 18-19 FREE at the Disneyland Hotel. Over 50 vendors celebrating great style from yesterday and today! Get Early Bird Entry Tickets for our Expo for first chance at shopping!
• DECHOES http://dechoesresale.com/ 3 locations men's/women's designer resale
• RETROMENDED VINTAGE https://www.facebook.com/Retromended
• ORLANDO VINTAGE http://www.orlandovintage.com/ men's/women's vintage
• CHAPEL HATS http://www.chapelhats.com/ Headwear retailer in Downtown Disney
• MAM'ZELLE SWING http://www.mamzelleswing.com/
• VINTAGE DESIR http://www.yelp.com/biz/vintage-désir-paris-2
• FREE’P’STAR http://www.freepstar.com
• KILO SHOP http://kilo-shop.fr
UPCOMING EVENTS 2015: