I've just made my 12 Featured Friday's pics of the week for our featured shop items. Jump onto the forum and tell me what you think of my pics. Friday's Featured Forum!
Jump on the home page
to check out the 12 images or search the site by name to see the following choices.
Tree of Life Feng Shui
Golden Venus III
Path to Enlightenment
The Impala Reigns
The Beach Track
Tell me what you think? Search the Gallery for your personal favorites and let me know your Favorites via the forum Friday's Featured Forum!
Remember the more you get commenting on the forums the more entries you have in our members draws. So get chatting with each other in the forums we love to hear what you think!
Do You Want to Be On
Colour In Your Life?
Colour In Your Life is always looking for new artists to be on the show. If you would like to take your career as an artist to the next level, and market yourself to a national audience, then this is how.
A Colour In Your Life episode takes one day to film, on location at your studio (alternative arrangements can be made if the artist wishes to travel to meet the team).
If you're interested in being in an episode, contact the Team. All Artists are required to sign a contract with Colour In Your Life, which includes a Talent, Location and Release deed. These contracts are available for viewing upon request.
Here’s a sneak peak at the ‘Artist’s Format and Outline’.
'Each Artist’s work and career are all very different, with different journeys taken and made. This form will enable Colour In Your Life to better present you as an Artist on our show, and in turn allow the viewers that see your show to better understand your motives and your creative process.
Here is a list of questions that we would like you to answer in as much detail as you can:
o Your CV, which in this case would go back to child hood and any influences that may have come about o What is your main source of inspiration?
o Did you have any formal education? (not important if you didn’t)
o What materials do you use?
o Have you won any awards?
o Do you teach?
o What is your favourite subject matter?
o What are your favourite techniques?
o What galleries do you exhibit in?
Are there any other questions that you feel you would like us to ask or talk about while we are filming as well? If you have any questions, or would like to see the Colour In Your Life contracts and deeds, please contact email@example.com.
Also, why not head into the Government Arts Funding website and see what’s available to you?
Already we’ve had artists from regional Queensland apply for and receive grants that supported them being on the show. If you’d like to see some of those shows, head to Season Seven of our episodes.
It’s not just the Australian Government sponsoring arts and culture either – New Zealand has funding options as well!
Seize the opportunity and put your art on a global platform!
- Regional Arts Development Fund Queensland
- Arts Victoria - Grants
- New Zealand Creative NZ – Getting Funded
The Advantages of Being on
These are a few factors that should enable Artists to see why being a part of the series is extremely beneficial to an Artists career.
Colour In Your Life
- Firstly, in the last 5 years the world, not just Australia, has been in a global slump, with at least 50% of Australia’s galleries closing down and many overseas galleries doing the same
- Established artists that have had a career of twenty years or more are still able to get into some galleries, but not all. Where does that leave the rest of the artists that want to expose their work to the public?
- Also what more can established Artists do for their careers that will enable them to get much larger global exposure?
- The series is now aired in three countries with many more interested about what the Colour In Your Life series is doing for audiences, educators and Artists
- We are on free-to-air across Australia on Channel 4ME and also on Aurora 183 Foxtel, Australia wide. The show is also on Singapore TV and on 6 stations in New Zealand. We have interest from the United States and also China as well. The intention of the Colour In Your Life business is to cross the globe with Australian Artists being promoted on a worldwide basis
- It is also an amazing format for Art manufacturers, wholesalers, frame shops and galleries to be a part of this great opportunity
- The series is also seen on Virgin Airways worldwide, and we will be speaking with a number of other airlines about the shows
- In the past the best way to expose your work was to have exhibitions. If your work was good enough, you entered Art competitions, won prizes, so that the public could get to know what you were doing
- All well and good, and those practices still work, but with the technology that has been developed in the last two decades, through the internet and new media formats, the ability for many businesses to increase their world exposure is far greater than any other time in the history of man
- Colour In Your Life, the website and the TV series, is enabling Artists to obtain a far greater public awareness than ever before. For the cost that is charged to be on the show, in comparison to, say, taking out a good sized Ad in any of the Australian Art magazines, the Artists will get a place in the line up for the series, not just here, but in all of the media outlets and countries where the series will air over the next few years
- A magazine Ad will possibly go to 20 or 30 thousand readers, who are most likely artists themselves, and can cost anywhere from four to twenty thousand dollars, depending on which magazine you are advertising in. On most occasions it will not create any responses at all. After doing this for thirty years I am well aware of that. With Colour In Your Life, instead of being seen only for a month to those that may pick up the magazine, you will be seen nationwide across Australia and in all of the other formats that Colour In Your Life has obtained internationally.
- We have a growing audience through our YouTube channel, while our Facebook page grows rapidly each day. The potential growth and exposure via these social media forums, once the series touches down in other countries, is huge.
- Our online shop has seen a marked increase in Artist’s sales, not just in Australia, but a number of other countries that are now seeing the shows, either on TV or on the website.
- Plus, with the ever growing interest in the series, the website, which is designed to be very much like Facebook for Artists, will enable many thousands of people all over the world to come together on a unified platform. This will be due to the exposure of the TV show on a global basis, which will in turn expose the Artists work to a global audience, creating the potential for sales internationally.
- Being a partner in our system when this happens will enable many tens of thousands of people to see your business and your brand.
- The show can also be used as a tool for Artists to present themselves to art galleries and clients by including the URL in their promotional material. The episodes are currently available on YouTube, Vimeo and also the Colour In Your Life website.
- A number of Artists are also using their show on their own website to promote their work and creativity. A number of the major Australian and International Art prizes are now looking to be a part of the Colour In Your Life format. They well understand that the printed media is not as strong as it used to be and the TV show has the ability to promote their Art prize for many years to come.
- This is an amazing way to show the world an Artist’s creativity and to increase the amount of sales that you can make.
- A number of the Artists have seen a huge increase in their workshop and class sizes, and have been invited by many Art societies to teach as well.
- The Artists should also look at this as being part of the educational legacy they leave behind. Margaret Olley has passed on and not one of her interviews was about her techniques or the way she did what she did.
- For years to come at no further cost to the Artists many thousands of people will be able to see who they are and what they do.
- Graeme often hears from Artists about how tough things are and how broke they are as well, all very valid points and being an Artist himself for thirty years, he well knows the ups and downs of what the world of Art can do to an Artist. In saying that Graeme often suggests to Artists that want to be on the series, but have not got the funds, to simply use the idea and opportunity to talk to their existing and past clients. Even speaking to someone that may sponsor them, or approaching their local councils. A number of Artists have been sponsored by their councils, as it gives the Colour In Your Life team a chance to promote the area on the show as well as the Artist. A win-win for everyone.
- Artists that have spoken to their clients have been very surprised to find they have sold a number of pieces, as the clients are just as keen for the Artist to become well known due to the fact that they have their work. Plus, the editors of the show then put the clients name up in the show as a patron of the Arts in the credits. Once again a win-win for all involved with that Artists work.
It’s simply a matter of thinking outside the box. It’s obvious that all Artists want to sell their work, but the old ways of doing business, or even advertising in magazines for absolutely no results are slowly going by the wayside. What better way to tell the world who you are for a long time to come than to have your own television program?
Own an Episode
Our DVD sets are available in the Shop, but if you've missed an episode you can watch it again here.
Need Art Supplies?
Head to Senior Art Supplies today for all your artistic needs, or check out their shop online at Senior Art Supplies.