The Israel / Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA) is pleased to share the following opportunity with you. Please feel free to share widely.
Make a Difference for Peace in Palestine and Israel
Volunteers with the Ecumenical Accompaniment Program in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI)
- Live in the West Bank for a three month term
- Work as an international team to provide protective presence to vulnerable communities
- Monitor and report human rights abuses and support Palestinians and Israelis working together for a just peace
- Build relationships with Palestinian Christian communities and others supporting non-violence globally to strengthen networks of solidarity
- When they return home, talk about their first-hand experiences to inform people of the realities of the occupation and campaign for a just and peaceful resolution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict based on international law and UN resolutions.
EAPPI is a program founded by the World Council of Churches in response to a call from the local Heads of Churches in Jerusalem. EAPPI-US is the US based program through which Ecumenical Accompaniers (EAs) from the United States participate in EAPPI. EAPPI-US is supported by US national churches in partnership with Church World Service and welcomes engagement from a wide range of churches, agencies and individuals. It is supported by:
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) (in the US and Canada)
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Presbyterian Church (USA)
United Church of Christ (in the United States)
United Methodist Church
Full Scholarships Available
EAPPI-US is pleased to announce some unique scholarship opportunities. Thanks to the generous support of a foundation we anticipate granting several full scholarships that will cover total costs of participation. These scholarships are intended to strengthen the advocacy work of EAPPI-US and will be awarded to candidates with exceptionally strong advocacy skills and experience, and the ability to commit to post-term advocacy work.
EAPPI-US also has partial scholarships available for candidates not selected for full support.
Application forms, with dates for upcoming terms, can be found at www.eappi-us.org
. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Please direct any questions to Steve Weaver at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in EAPPI.
For more information visit the WCC EAPPI website (www.eappi.org
) and the EAPPI-US website (www.eappi-us.org