We are looking forward to our annual IPMN conference and our time together in Pittsburgh this year! We are very excited to be hosted by Pittsburgh Theological Seminary and hope you will be able to join us. This email contains a variety of information about registering for the conference and other arrangements. Please follow the link to register online after you have read about the different registration options and the other important material.
Our meeting will begin on Thursday, October 27th
at 3:30pm and conclude with lunch on Saturday, October 30th
. The seminary campus is located at 616 N Highland Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. There are several transportation options to campus from the airport including the PAT Bus Airport Flyer, the shuttle service, taxis, or Uber. Please visit the campus website for specific instructions on how to make transportation arrangements and for driving directions: http://www.pts.edu/directions
If you are one of our many members who is active with other organizations or projects working for justice for Palestine/Israel, please feel free to bring information to share with our group. If you have any printed fliers, postcards, books, etc. you would like to share with the group, we will have a resource room set up Thursday evening through Saturday morning for our use. You are encouraged to bring information from your local groups and initiatives, so that we can all learn what IPMNers across the country are doing to end the Occupation.
This year there will be two options for housing, on campus or a nearby hotel. Rooms on campus are limited and will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. The rooms on campus are all equipped with two single beds, their own bath, free Wi-Fi, and a TV in the room. You may request a single room on campus, but there are no other types of beds available in these rooms. There are handicap accessible rooms available on campus and at the hotel. IPMN also has a block of rooms reserved at Hotel Indigo, just a couple of blocks from the seminary. If you choose to stay at the hotel you are responsible for making your own reservations and payment. To reserve your room you can call the hotel directly at 412-665-0555 and ask for the Israel/Palestine Mission Network group rate or book online using this link
. Click Book Online at the top right, then put in the desired dates and click Book.
On our registration page you will find several options for registration. Please read the following descriptions carefully to decide which one is right for you before registering.
- Basic Commuter Registration: This registration option is for folks who only want to attend the meetings and presentations. No meals or housing arrangements are included with this option.
- Deluxe Registration Package: This option is for folks who want to attend all of the meetings and all meals on campus Thursday through Saturday, but will be making their own rooming arrangements independently.
- Campus Registration Package: This option covers all conference events, meals, and provides a room on campus Thursday through Saturday. Rooms available on campus are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Please indicate in the comments section if you would like a single or double room; if double, please include your roommate’s name.
- Steering Committee Member Registration Campus Package: This option is for Steering Committee members who would like to stay on campus Wednesday through Saturday; also covers meals and the event.
- Hosanna Preaching Seminar Participant: If you are attending the Hosanna Preaching Seminar on Wednesday, October 26th please register with this option. If you would also like to attend the IPMN conference please register separately.
- Scholarship Recipient Registration: All of our scholarship recipients will be provided with housing on campus, event admittance, and all meals Thursday through Saturday. Partial scholarships are also available based on need.
- If there is any further information you feel we need with your registration, please leave it in the comments box of your registration. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh soon!
Blessings and peace,
Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA)